TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i buy just the spacers for the pro comp 3in lift besides pro comp? i tried ebay and searching the forums. i need the aluminum ones with the 3 studs.

thanks
brian

·
Registered
455 Posts
i have a pair i'll sell you, i never installed them. bought them here about a month ago.
pm me if your intrested. i havent put it up on the classified section yet.
they are cnc aluminum and painted black.bolts included.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Finally another guy from Mississippi, and his name is Brian too.....

Brian, what year is your truck, I got mine off eBay, or a friend did and I bought them from him. Its an eBay store. However they will mess some stuff up. If you could wait, buy some coil overs.....you'll save some money in the long run.
Pm me if you want me to try to find the store. Also, is there anywhere to go wheeling in v-burg?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 01. not really anywhere over here that is legal. im not sure about buying the spacers yet until im sure they can work.

·
Registered
444 Posts
3dbl01 said:
its a 01. not really anywhere over here that is legal. im not sure about buying the spacers yet until im sure they can work.
i'm pretty sure they'll work if the spacers are for your specific generation of tacoma. they will NOT work if you're planning on stacking these spacers with the revtek lift as posted in your other post. this could be a bit dangerous (and pretty expensive in the replacement of broken parts).

you may want to consider a tuff country, pro-comp, or fabtech bracket type lift if you want that much height. i just went from a revtek to a pro-comp 4". for my needs, i really like it. the truck actually has a working suspension on it now (as compared to the fully preloaded ball joint binding ride i had previous).

the input is free, and because i'm a newbie, it's probably worth what it costs. :eek:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
running spacers here myself. don't like 'em either, but as it has been said many, many times... they are the fastest, cheapest way of lifting the truck.

·
Registered
444 Posts
ben90 said:
running spacers here myself. don't like 'em either, but as it has been said many, many times... they are the fastest, cheapest way of lifting the truck.
X2... quick and cheap. lotta people use spacers, and lotta people wheel on spacers. it works for increasing clearance, and it's affordable - here in HI, it's so common, you'd guess toyota offers it as an option.

i got tired of replacing CV boots so i just changed mine out to something else.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
3dbl01 said:
Where can i buy just the spacers for the pro comp 3in lift besides pro comp? i tried ebay and searching the forums. i need the aluminum ones with the 3 studs.

thanks
brian
be careful in defining "spacer" as there are two different types: pre-load and top-load. If what you are looking at are the top-load type and give 3" they will destroy your front suspension. Use nothing thicker than 1/2" for a tl spacer. (most of the kits sold on ebay are this type)

a preload spacer (goes inside the coil/shock assembly), will be 1.5" thick to give a full 3".

now, you say you have a '01 so you have ADD. If you don't keep that lift down to 2" or less you'll be replacing CV boots on a regular basis.

check out Toytec's kits before you buy anything.

Revtec's 3" kit is a combination of a 1" preload spacer and a 1/2" top-load.

adjustable coilovers are the best way to go anyway. ;)

I suggest you do a bunch of searches for lifts here before buying anything though.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
3dbl01 said:
what do the tuff country spindles run
well, the TC is a 5" drop-bracket kit. some have swapped the TC spindles into a PC 4" lift, however, and that is probably what he's talking about. Don't know about costs but it won't be cheap.

·
Registered
444 Posts
hytenor said:
well, the TC is a 5" drop-bracket kit. some have swapped the TC spindles into a PC 4" lift, however, and that is probably what he's talking about. Don't know about costs but it won't be cheap.
wow, never thought about tc spindles on a pc kit. wouldn't that be messin with all the geometry and stuff? it would be nice to get rid of the stock spindles and spacers for something more solid.

i don't think the original poster can just run tc spindles if his truck is stock though....

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ainokea said:
wow, never thought about tc spindles on a pc kit. wouldn't that be messin with all the geometry and stuff? it would be nice to get rid of the stock spindles and spacers for something more solid.

i don't think the original poster can just run tc spindles if his truck is stock though....
yes it does and no he can't ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing