TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aloha~

i'm humbly asking for 4" pro comp lift owners for a little help. my sway bar looks like it could be binding up on the rear drop bracket - right above the bump stops. the drivers side is rubbing up against it (as evidenced by the rub marks on the bracket) and the passengers side appears to be resting on top of the bracket all together. i'd imagine that i would get very little down travel with the sway bar holding everything up like that.

any pro comp owners have (had) the same issue? any fixes, or okay to just leave'um how it is?

thanks in advance!
2.7L regular cab '03

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would try removing the sway bar and leaving it like that. Your new suspension is probably stiffer than your OEM suspension so you propably would notice a little more body roll. Just give it a shot and see how it feels, if you don't like it then slap it back on.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. the suspension did stiffen up a little... those pro-comp struts are valved pretty smoothly. i'll give it a try.

anybody running pro-comp? i'm wondering if someone would be able to chime in and lemme know what kind of clearances they are getting with the sway bar and drop bracket.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
joeylead said:
post a pic, I am wondering if the sway bar drob brackets were installed?
yup. drop brackets were installed and put on the right way (not upside down, not left side on the right side) as per illustration in the instructions. i've tried to google pro comp tacoma lift an pro comp tacoma lift in google images and what i'm kinda concluding is this is something fairly common - looks like all the images i could find of the lift had rub marks where the sway bar comes into contact with the bracket. as for pics - truck went into the shop today and will be there for a while (some ding dong rear ended me christmas day) his van was totaled, my truck suffered only bumper and minor body damage behind the rear fender.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have no probs with my sway bar. ill take some pics for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts