TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am placing a pro fit mount to the right of the climate controls for a satellite radio in my 07 access cab. Has anyone removed the face plate around the climate controls? What is the best way to do this without damaging anything?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just did this about a week ago. Took my pocket knife and slid it in up under the bottom. The climate stuff pops off pretty easily once you get it going. With my wires and mount both going into the right side I didn't get it back on completely but it's wedged pretty tight. You can't tell unless you measure the bottom of both sides, we're talking probably 1/8" difference if that.

I didn't want to file it down and it's tight so it's not going anywhere. If you're looking to hardwire your radio the 2 bolts that hold the cd player in that are up under it are grounds.

I've got an 07 Access cab too, small world.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You dont even have to pull the knobs off on the 07. It's just one rectangular piece. It's ridiculously easy to get it off, pops off just like door panels. You aren't going to break it, its thick and lets go before you can bend it enough break it. It actually doesn't bend at all just start at the bottom and the 2 bottom clips pop off then grab your newly freed bottom half and pull it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks macho99...its a lot easier than I thought. Everything is set up except for the sirius fm modulator. Where should I place this?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't help you on the fm modulator. I put in an aftermarket cd player so I hooked it straight up.

You can check out www.siriusbackstage.com and they have a section called sirius garage where people help you hook stuff up if nobody here chimes in. I know a couple of guys have put up how-tos for the 05+ Tacomas.

I believe the modulator is part of the radio itself or the car dock then there is a little antenna like thing you're supposed to put up on the inside of your windshield close to the radio antenna. Is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks macho99...its a lot easier than I thought. Everything is set up except for the sirius fm modulator. Where should I place this?
If your 07 comes with an AUX input I would buy the cord for that. If you just use the modulator alone the reception will have a lot of static. If you bought the box that that hooks into your radio antenna you have to remove the radio to install it. Hooking into the radio antenna will give you good sound but you may still get some static. The AUX input will give the best sound.

·
Registered
35 Posts
07 doesn't come with an Aux input to my knowledge. To take the radio out there are 4 10mm bolts underneath it. Take them out then pull the radio out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts