TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who has the best prices on ProTools 105 dies right now? Looking for a 1.5"dia. with a CLR of 4.5" or 5.5". On the same note, anyone have an extra they want to sell?

Are the JD2 model 3 dies different or could they interchange with the PT 105?

·
Registered
217 Posts
well www.rockbuggysupply.com has them. thats is where i bought mine. and i thinck your right the jd2 dies work too. do a search on pirate 4x4 you'll have more luck there.

·
Registered
140 Posts
XtremeCrawlers has them as well, a little cheaper too. Although shipping is like $60. I just bought one off a guy on Pirate since ProTools is on a 2 week vacation until July 9th and won't even be making orders until then. I need a die soon.

Pretty sure there are variances between JD2 And Protools as well...

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rockbuggysupply-$216+shipping
XtremeCrawlers-$207+shipping
Mike Green-Waiting to hear back with a quote.

All these prices are for a 1.5" tube 4.5"CLR 240* die.

JH3, $480? That seems a little steep after seeing these other places.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
The die set is as much as the bender. Look to spend 500.00, at the VERY least, for a bender/die set then plan on building your own stand and handle.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Hey Josh I think he already has a bender.;)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
That's for a 120* die, the 240* is another few on top of that I assume because it's not listed, it just says they are available.

I kinda had thought this was the case but had never tried it nor heard of it...thanks:cool:
You did not say you wanted a 240*

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cost, and no need to bend 180*.
You might not have a need for it but what about stingers? Or shock hoops, coil-over mounts, etc... I plan on having it for awhile so when coil-overs come into the picture, I don't need to buy another $200 die.
Anyways, still waiting for a price from Mike Green. I'm ordering it from the cheapest place as soon as I get a quote from him. Stay tuned

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought my through Mike Green. He had the lowest shipped price. Plan on it taking 2 weeks from the time you order it because they don't make them untill you order.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
You might not have a need for it but what about stingers? Or shock hoops, coil-over mounts, etc... I plan on having it for awhile so when coil-overs come into the picture, I don't need to buy another $200 die.
Anyways, still waiting for a price from Mike Green. I'm ordering it from the cheapest place as soon as I get a quote from him. Stay tuned
Yeah, I see your point. Well when you get the best price be sure to post the web site, good luck.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ah yes, I gotta quit posting a 6:00am :eek:

Mike green did have the best prices I could find and shop around ;)

-Josh
You were kind of right JH, I don't have a bender yet but I'm in the process of building one from Frank Takacs' plans, so maybe you have super powers when you post at 6:cool:

Still no word from Mike Green...

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
When I talked to him last week he was going out of town, Pro tools was also. My bender wont ship till the 12th :( Mike is a real cool guy, just give him time.....hell I bought from Keith at extreme before and realy like him and wanted to buy again but Mike beat price by over 100.00 :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts