TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright people, here's the story:
A day ago I installed my Infinity Basslink X - the install went very well (took a while) and it was rockin' hard! ...but today I made a call on the cell phone and suddenly heard a very loud buzzing/static noise through the speakers (fronts, rears, and sub). I got home and started to experiement: I turned the sub on (ignition on) and made a call on the cell phone - same buzzing noise. I then thought it was the remote wire being next to the power wire - but the problem remained. So the only other thing that I can think of would be an improper ground (which would totally suck - took me a while to find a ground that was close to the sub, so I wouldn't have cables running all over the place)

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? Would a noise-blocker be a good solution? Thanks folks.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Are you sure your sig is in a big enough font?

Cell phones cause interference. Deal with it like the rest of people that own automobiles and cell phones.

·
Registered
86 Posts
u cant fix it as far as i know. i think it is some kind of like signal or frequency. it happens to me on everything that has speakers, try it with ur clack radio and other things, really weird.

·
Registered
532 Posts
its ufo interference. they probably are the ones that made your sig so big too, you just dont remember. they can do that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This happens with almost every radio, computer, etc. when near a cell phone that's transmitting or recieving. The amp you installed just amplified what you would barely hear on the stereo before. Nothing you can do except turn off the stereo when you use the phone.

·
Registered
324 Posts
it is rf interferance, it does it to all speakers, tv's, clock radio's and stereo's. just move away from the source (i.e. cd player) and it goes away

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
151 Posts
nextel and cingular phones seem to do it the wrost.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
my i730 was rediculous, did it almost constantly. :cool:

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,585 Posts
You need to identify where the interference from the cell phone is getting into the amp and block it. If it going in through the audio input, then those ferrite beads that were listed previously should fix the problem. Another thing to try is to run an independant ground to the chassis of the amp. Many of those amps have a floating ground for the chassis, and they act like an antenna. There are other solutions as well, but they tend to get more technical, costly and involve a great deal more time to install.

Another suggestion that hadn't been mention yet is to install a car kit for your cell phone. That would move the antenna outside the car and should eliminate the interference.

·
Registered
497 Posts
well who uses their cell phone while jamming out, lol, so I guess you would have to turn it off to use the cell phone, or at least turn it down, at least you dont have a constant winding sound in youre speakers at all times, god its anoying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts