TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my 2" Cornfed lift and I put 32x11.5 wheels on 15" rims. Right away I noticed that my brakes seemed smooshy. Well it snowed pretty good here yesterday and i decided to test my antilocks out. As i tried the first time i screeched the tires with no antilock coming on and the second time it came on for a second aand the brake light came on with it.
Whats this mean?
Also with the 2" Cornfed lift it comes with the back brake relocation bracket. I have a 2003 doublecab. THe the factory bracket had more clearence then the Cornfed did. Anyone else put a 2" lift on their 03' and didn't use it?
thanks in advance!
-To many questions in Ohio :confused:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Did you do the install? Nothing with the actual brake lines should have been touched. The BPV bracket relocates the the LSPV arm up- and SHOULD be installed. I would start there.

As for the brake light coming on: The brake light, and ABS light are seperate, so it's not an ABS issue. Check the brake fluid resivor, if it's getting low, it's getting low for a reason: your pads are worn. Check your pads to see if they still have life left, and add a touch to brake fluid.. if they are toast, get new pads.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My buddy and I did the lift. Not the first one we have ever done to note.
About the relocation bracket, as soon as i can i get a pic it will explain this better but what i mean is that the bracket will actually relocate it down more then the factory is. the picture will expain. i'll check the fluid, (should have done that first) and see how that story goes.....

·
Registered
668 Posts
my buddy took my shackle lift when i got my deavers but didnt do the BPV mod.. when we went wheelin, he had probs stoppin... before i did that mod, i used to almost stand on my brake pedal in the cab when i had to make sudden stops in this jacked up Hollywood traffic...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I installed Donahoe C/O in front and Deaver 5 leaf in back a couple weeks ago. I made the mistake of not messuring the distance from axle to the bed just the top of the wheel well to the ground. My rear springs were realy shot and had a negitive arch almost an S shape. The deavers are suposed to give 1.5" lift. I went from 34.5" to 37.25" for a lift of 2.75". I want to make a extention bracket for the LSPV but I'm not sure how long to make it. The threaded rod that bolts to the axle is adjusted all the way down no threads showing at the bottom. All the pic's I see show the rod in the middle of the threads. Should I set this to the center of the threads then make a 1.5" bracket to return it to stock or make a 2.75" and leave it where it is? I'm afraid the PO had it adjusted to comppensate for the 1.25" sag and I'll F#$% it up. Can any one give me the stock measurment for a 2000 TRD?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts