TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I finally recieved my magnaflow catback from performanceproducts.com... Guess What? It doesnt fit... I have a 2.7L 05 Access Cab, and Magnaflow advertises the same system for both 4.0 and 2.7L... I checked the part # and it was right, fitting to the cat was too big, and the system was too long to mount without some cutting, and Im not destroying a $400 exhaust... Anyone else have this problem? Are there any other companies than make a stainless exhaust for my truck? I've been searching all morning, and can't find anything...

Current mood... Pissed...

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
call them up bitch them out maybe you could get something free out of the deal lol?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Every catback that I've looked at for the 05-07 models only comes in two flavors. X-runner and non X-runner. That indicates that you're either piecing it together wrong (I'm not saying you are, just a possibility) or you were sent the wrong kit. Contact Magnaflow customer service. Be calm and cool while explaining your concerns and see if they can help you determine if you have the right kit. Ask what the demensional measurements should be, etc and compare them to what you have. They're usually pretty good when it comes to customer service.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I talked to the manager over at performance products, and he obviously doesnt want to pay the shipping to have the exhaust sent back to CA... So his offer was to credit my account $100, so I could go to an exhaust shop to have the system cut, welded and mounted correctly.
So I guess my next question is, do you think i'm getting hosed?
I'd do the work myself, but my welder sucks, and I'd hate cutting that stainless pipe up...

·
Registered
483 Posts
Flowmaster.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO it's their problem, make them take it back. That is shit customer service. Explain to him that this is a current topic on the boards and if he doesn't do you right, I guess the topic will need to be discussed a little more. See if that works.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Take the $100 credit and still contact Magnaflow to make sure you actually got the right kit in the right box.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the input!! i called them back and told them they needed to send ups back here to pick up this stuff, and he obliged, I added that I would like the correct parts sent back to me, but to check the flange on the exhaust before sending me the wrong part again... I'm sure he won't, but at least I told him... By the time there done sending me the wrong parts, it will have cost him more for shipping than he made off the sale!! LOL!! For further shopping, What are your favorite internet performance/4x4 shops?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts