TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change my stock shocks. I got 80k on my stock Toyota Bilsteins and the truck just does not ride like it use to. My truck is totally stock. I was thinking about getting the ProComp ES 3000 or ES 9000 shocks. Can someone tell me what the difference is with regards to ride between the shocks? I don't do a lot of hard core offroading but I do drive long distances on gravel or dirt roads on the weekends. I don't haul much weight with the exception of a shell, camping gear and couple of 60 lb dogs. I was looking at the bilstein HD, but think they will make my road ride too stiff. Any answers or debate would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Remember you get what you pay for!

Bilsteins are gonna do the best all around.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Owyhee said:
I need to change my stock shocks. I got 80k on my stock Toyota Bilsteins and the truck just does not ride like it use to. My truck is totally stock. I was thinking about getting the ProComp ES 3000 or ES 9000 shocks. Can someone tell me what the difference is with regards to ride between the shocks? I don't do a lot of hard core offroading but I do drive long distances on gravel or dirt roads on the weekends. I don't haul much weight with the exception of a shell, camping gear and couple of 60 lb dogs. I was looking at the bilstein HD, but think they will make my road ride too stiff. Any answers or debate would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
That sounds like enough gear to warrant the bil's. The pro comp 3000 is a decent rear shock for when you are waiting for bil's to get built, but the Doetch tech felt a little better....softer. Some feel they should only get used for dbl shock applications, too soft. I say if your ice chest only jumps 3 feet in the air once, and then settles down, the rear is doing good. You had to be there Saturday!

·
norcal n00b
802 Posts
Owyhee said:
Thanks
Go with the Bil's for sure. I have the es3000's and personally I dont like them they give a very stiff ride. I'd say go with the Bilsteins and you wont be dissappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts