TTORA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... Just got a new 07 tacoma access cab and am getting a procomp 6" lift done through 4wheel parts. Have never really been able to get a solid answer whether or not procomp is as good as fabtech when it comes to the new tacomas. I did many searches before posting and still found nothing concise. The guys at 4wheel parts tell me they are pretty much the same kit.. now what pretty much means i dont know.

Anyone have an answer?

thanks in advance..

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
SilverSeven said:
Hi... Just got a new 07 tacoma access cab and am getting a procomp 6" lift done through 4wheel parts. Have never really been able to get a solid answer whether or not procomp is as good as fabtech when it comes to the new tacomas. I did many searches before posting and still found nothing concise. The guys at 4wheel parts tell me they are pretty much the same kit.. now what pretty much means i dont know.

Anyone have an answer?

thanks in advance..

first of all.stick to searching and the newbie section. this has been covered several times. second of all, you wont find too many drop bracket fans here, all they do is raise your center of gravity, personally i think either kit would be a bad choice, my advice is research it alot more, because once you get *** wheel parts to put that lift on there is no going back, because you have to cut the stock crossmember out.not to mention they will ripp you off. the search button is your friend

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i searched and found nothing like a said in the post. . Also i work at a dealership so im going through dealer specialties to get my lift done at a great price... so im not worried about getting ripped off... and to be perfectly honest i dont mind spending a lil extra to get it done right. you still didnt answer my question though... is one better than the other? wether or not you like the set up is irrelivant..

thanks, again, in advance.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
customtacos.com will have alot of info on this shit. i have no personal experience with either kit on my own truck(thank god), i know others have hated it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They are both very similar. I've done only Fabtechs on the new tacomas. But from past experiences the fabtechs have more clearance at the drop crossmembers, and their finish is better.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im a street fairy though.. i need to look really really cool while driving my tacoma... i thought about doing the 3 inch with the OME leaf pack in the back and some coilovers upfront.. but it was going to cost more and i cant fit 33s on according to the lift specs.. i have to run some metric BS that equates to about 32.7... now considering im running a 31 stock.. the difference just didnt seem worth it.. I really am a superficial kinda guy..

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Good luck when that back DS starts vibrating with that 6 inch kit. Don't say we didn't warn you. Looking cool isn't going to look good when your wallet is empty :buttkick: and you come back on this site asking for help with your DS vibe issues. :( Just MHO. :cool: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
SilverSeven said:
im a street fairy though.. i need to look really really cool while driving my tacoma... i thought about doing the 3 inch with the OME leaf pack in the back and some coilovers upfront.. but it was going to cost more and i cant fit 33s on according to the lift specs.. i have to run some metric BS that equates to about 32.7... now considering im running a 31 stock.. the difference just didnt seem worth it.. I really am a superficial kinda guy..
Wow, he is stunningly honest.

·
Registered
444 Posts
SilverSeven said:

Anyone have an answer?

thanks in advance..
didn't procomp win some kind of sema award for their new 6" FJ lift?

·
Registered
639 Posts
ainokea said:
didn't procomp win some kind of sema award for their new 6" FJ lift?
Yeah, but only when you add it to a 3" body lift, 2" spacers and live in Hawaii

·
Registered
444 Posts
cell4soul said:
Yeah, but only when you add it to a 3" body lift, 2" spacers and live in Hawaii
dude... procomp is like SO yesterday here in HI. we love fabtech, because it has that bling FABTECH badge right in the front of the cross member. plus we can put coil overs on it AND stack the spacers on top of that in addition to 3" of body lift. we need the clearance for the 29" boggers mounted on the 15X18 chrome plated weld racing rims.

sheesh.... funny.... but old.

·
Registered
120 Posts
ainokea said:
dude... procomp is like SO yesterday here in HI. we love fabtech, because it has that bling FABTECH badge right in the front of the cross member. plus we can put coil overs on it AND stack the spacers on top of that in addition to 3" of body lift. we need the clearance for the 29" boggers mounted on the 15X18 chrome plated weld racing rims.

sheesh.... funny.... but old.

HAHAHAHA!!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
when i finally registered as a user here on ttora, i promised myself not to get all bent out of shape with that "he must be from hawaii because of how high and how wide his rims are" point of view that often gets thrown around...

i was having a bad day yesterday.... guess some of that rage must've slipped out.

respect to HI members - we don't all roll on boggers. we do however, tend to like bracket lifts for some reason. i got one - and yes, it does spend a fair amount of time puttering around in the lava fields.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts