TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's been a while in the planning stages, but the IFS has hit the floor... :D My SAS started today at Demello Offroad. The front will be a 3-link setup with 14" Fox coil overs using a Diamond Axle housing. Running 4x4Labs steering arms and 1-ton TRE's, OTT pitman arm, Fox Air Bumps on all four corners and Currie Anti-Rock sway bar. The axle is 67" wide WMS-to-WMS and will be running an FJ80 high pinion elocker 3rd with 4.88 gears. I have a Diamond rear axle on order that I will install later this year at home. In the meantime I am reusing the the stock axle. The rear setup will be 62" Deaver springs with 14" Fox shocks. We might need to run 12" rear shocks as there isn't a lot of room under the FJC and I want to keep the height as low as possible.

Anyway, I spent the day tearing the IFS and rear OEM coil setup out of the FJC today. Jason then took the torch to the IFS cross members. Tomorrow I will grind everything then we'll start to mock up the suspension. I will continue to post updates as we make progress.

Ready for surgery:

Up on jack stands:

IFS parts are mostly gone:

Jason getting ready to cut:

He enjoyed this way to much:

Made quick work of the IFS:

One cross member down and one to go:

Everything off, now time to clean up and get closer:

Nice and clean, ready for grinding:

The obligatory shot of wheels w/o axles:

From the from - I think it's a little high in front:

Waiting for new legs:

Front Diamond Axle ready to go:

Rear OEM axle - need OEM brackets cut off:

The pile of IFS parts post removal:

The bling bling:

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've been waiting to see an FJ SAS build! Way to pave the way. I'm pretty jealous of that diamond axle:( Good luck on the build, it looks great already:saw:

·
Registered
398 Posts
SICK.... i knew someone was going to do the swap. it was just a matter of who and when. subscribed.

·
Registered
394 Posts
God damn that is sick! some money into that rig! It would be funny to take it into toyota under warranty and tell them something is wrong with your cv's and see what they say!

This is going to be one badass FJ!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the compliments. The 67" width is only 3" wider than stock. The FJC's come stock with 64" WMS-to-WMS. I'm heading back over to Demello for day 2 here in a few minutes and I'll post up more pics later tonight.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Truly awesome but what made you decide to go leaf in the rear?

What are you doing with your front OME set-up, specifically the shocks?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
thats awesome. keep it coming. how do you guys plan to deal with all the factory electronics like atrac?

IIRC The Inchworm "Lefty" he installed did away with ATRAC.

·
Registered
71 Posts
subcribed - looks like one cool ass FJC!!

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Nice, Sol.

Funny how You, Amanda, and AJ have all torched your IFS's already....and all within a couple weeks.

Can't wait to see it in person. Our Rubicon run would be the perfect place to break that sucker in.....

1 - 20 of 542 Posts