TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I wanted to post my first steps toward getting BladeRunner on the road and then on to the trail...:driving: (suky pics.. sorry, they will get better)

My cousin and I pulled the head up off the block tonight.
Didn't get it completely off due to the fact I need some sleep, a little too much vodka was flowing....:p but its a start.

Looks like the head gasket is blown at the 3rd cylinder back from the front. Its awfully clean compared to the other 3 pistons.
The timing chain has alot of slack, so its getting replaced for sure.
I climbed underneath to have a look, and found a pretty bad leak on the brake line above transfer case. That will need to be repaired in a hurry.
I'm sure the further in I get, the more I will find.

So, now the journey has started, and I couldn't be more excited....and with a little help from my friends, we will finish it up with a SAS. :D :saw: :welder: :dancing: :aahg:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Looks good James. What's going to happen when you snap an axle on it out a BVORR? Your Taco isn't going to be able to pull it back.

Reminds me of mine. Your's has a better body but mine has a new engine, trans, clutch and brake job. This week/weekend mine is getting a 3" lift, sliders and 33s.

Once I get her home I'll start on the interior.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Looks good James. What's going to happen when you snap an axle on it out a BVORR? Your Taco isn't going to be able to pull it back.

Reminds me of mine. Your's has a better body but mine has a new engine, trans, clutch and brake job. This week/weekend mine is getting a 3" lift, sliders and 33s.

Once I get her home I'll start on the interior.
Jess, you have the land cruiser and this 4 runner?

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
hey James, does the rear window still work? Mine use too, but don't need it now.

and how did you find all new MC trail armor....bastard!!!! all I need is the front bumper to complete my mixed set.

maybe one weekend, I can get mine over to your house and we can BOB them.
that would be sweet.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey James, does the rear window still work? Mine use too, but don't need it now.

No, but it will....

and how did you find all new MC trail armor....bastard!!!! all I need is the front bumper to complete my mixed set.

Secret......full disclosure at a later date.:D
:)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Jess, you have the land cruiser and this 4 runner?
I'm trying to sell the Land Cruiser. If I end up not selling it then I'm going to move it into the back yard and keep it for a project to be started at a later date.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
nothing is sexier than 80s toyota factory graphics decals. :p looks like fun projects guys, good luck!
All the sexy'ness is going to be leaving mine soon. Bondo, sand paper and new paint.

I haven't come up with a name for mine yet.

·
Registered
871 Posts
yames i've got some left over FJ tan paint you can have, i liked the green better you calling dibs....

1 - 20 of 450 Posts