TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In May 2009 I bought the truck. It had with a blown motor, but came spare block & crank, 3" BL and some not so desirable rear suspension. For $500 bucks I figured it was a good enough deal.

Day I got it home.

Notice the 3" blocks and aal in the back, but no lift in the front.

Hole in each side of the block

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bought another 22R with a new clutch on it for $100 bucks, then rebuilt it. I used a engnbldr kit and went ahead and threw in a crawler cam. New alternator, water pump, fuel pump, hoses, belts, carb rebuild kit, etc, were purchased with my buddy's employee discount at O'reilly's. :D

Teardown in Progress

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DP's first trip on borrowed 32 BFG A/T's at Hallowheelin at Mossyrocks Ranch. ;)

Bought a tube bed you might recognize along with other goodies.

it is a trailer queen

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought some 35x12.50 SSR's and had to put em on just to see how much trimming I'll have to do. I also put on a bumper given to me.

If plans pan out, I'm hittin it hard after the first of the year. Rears up front, along with crossover steering, stock Taco springs in the rear, and dual cases along with a front axle rebuild. :dancing:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No progress, but I'm thinking about getting this sticker made for it. :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
DP stickers are a MUST have!!!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool ... But not tech ...
There will be some mind blowing tech soon.

ok, maybe not mind blowing, or soon, but eventually there will be some tech

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I've been seeing a lot of DP just sitting around these last couple of weeks. I'm finally getting some work done, and now DP is sitting down there all by itself.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I managed to get the duals put in in, but the rear crossmember is in the way of the driveshaft. I'll have to cut it out and put a crossmember somewhere else. I'm planning on picking up some more steel tomorrow. I'll get pics when it's all done.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Budbuilt flat cross member still requires a lot of cutting despite the body lift.
Only a phone pic for now.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I hate this flat belly

anyway, heres a pic of three shifters

Kyle didnt get much done due to having to spend all morning trying to fix a window motor in a cavalier... chevy COULD NOT have done worse designing this crap. So I left a note for the dealership.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts