TTORA Forum banner

441 - 460 of 481 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
havent taken out the ABS thingy...going with a T100 MC, not sure when ill install it though....maybe before xmas?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #443
got the T100 MC (1-1/16" bore), waiting on the center support bearing to arrive.

hopefully installing the MC this weekend. (actually whats really going to happen is that it wont bolt up directly so i will spend the precious hours sunday making an adapter plate)

·
Registered
565 Posts
well my garage is cursed i think, so that is a good possiblity. who thought trying to get stock replacement injectors would be so hard.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
lol, you give the dealer your VIN and they say......"hhmmm, well isnt THAT interesting"
i give them MY VIN and they say......."hhmmm, are you sure thats correct?"

let me guess...your injectors are 26-spline?

·
Registered
565 Posts
ended up i have california spec injectors:rolleyes: but not according to my vin. i ordered a set from lc enginering, i was tired of going to the dealer

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
lol, you give the dealer your VIN and they say......"hhmmm, well isnt THAT interesting"
i give them MY VIN and they say......."hhmmm, are you sure thats correct?"

let me guess...your injectors are 26-spline?

I give the dealer my vin and they say "oh! you again! you sure you are replacing a stock part?" :lmao:

Oh the mess we make when we modify our rigs!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #448
ended up i have california spec injectors:rolleyes: but not according to my vin. i ordered a set from lc enginering, i was tired of going to the dealer

yeah, according to my VIN i have a vehicle that simply just doesnt exist. They just keep telling me "well that cant be right". I just dont understand how the dealers can be so wrong on so many things in so many locations in this universe.

LC has 2.7 injectors?!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #449
brake line is 3/16" steel tubing
fittings are 10mm x 1.00
brake fluid is DOT 3
Rear Denso O2 sensor is 234-4622
Front Denso O2 sensor is 234-9002

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
ME: Yeah so some guy on the national board is tearing down his 6-spd.
Jason: oh really? why?

ME: broken shift fork and 2-3 synchro is trashed....kinda like my 2-3 synchro is a joke.

Jason: Yeah but it still works right?

ME: I have to double clutch if i want a fast gear change when its cold but there is no way in hell that i want to tear down or deal with rebuilding a manual trans.

Jason: Ohhhhh its not so bad once you get it apart.

ME: Yeah but need alot of tools and space.

Jason: Yeah but if you had a good workspace im sure it wouldnt be too bad as long as you had a manual.

Ok.....heres the diagram Jason, now tell me that doesnt just look like a cluster phoque (bonus points if you can identify the reference to that word)

To me...that looks like a freakin' yard sale after a tornado....while walking around with a hernia to survey the damage......naked....with one sock on

·
Registered
158 Posts
It does look scary, but I have done many dirtbike transmissions and you only have to take apart the shaft that has the problem. The other shafts can stay in one peice and just set aside. I am not saying it is easy to get it back together you just need more then two hands to hold things in place.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
To-Do for 2011

In no particular order..........

- Brake MC swap
Hardline extensions
Secure old reservoir and plug hole,(now used just for clutch)
- limit straps
just bolt onto front side of upper and lower coilover mount bolts
- trim t-case crossmember
trim out ¼” of tunnel portion that goes over front DS
- replace rear DS center support bearing
hardest part should be removal an re-install of u-joint
- belly skid to protect t-case and exhaust
2 to 3 support beams across with 1 or 2 supports between
make small dip for t-case and make sure it clears the exhaust
make it bolt-up to to the bottom of frame rail (so support beams will only butt up against the inside edge )
- shorten rear bumpstops and make a boxed in support for bumpstop instead of just pipe.

The Big Two (that have a good chance of not happening):
-get the front 4.88's installed
-get 36-38" tires

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
.............The Big Two (that have a good chance of not happening):
-get the front 4.88's installed..............

Yeah...amazing how priorities change when you live in Cincy and get 3" of snow....then realize that they dont plow streets that well here. Just ordered the install kit and hopefully will have the gears installed by the time i get back from xmas vacation.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
rear locker isnt working...again. If the locker is indeed toast, I think it might be time to get rid of the truck....im tired of this shit.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #458
the e-locker, unless it magically starts working again....im doing the MC swap, DS center support bearing change then hopefully by the end of the summer itll be traded in.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
What all are you having troubles with?

441 - 460 of 481 Posts
About this Discussion
480 Replies
26 Participants
NwiTACO
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing