TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 TRD that is loaded with all the bells and wistles. I have been throwing around the idea to put the Tundras I-Force v-8 in the truck. My question is would the stock suspension, drive train, and so on hold up to the I-Force's power?

·
Registered
185 Posts
If I were you I would try to mount the complete drivetrain out of the Tundra. Get the wiring harness & computer too if you can, it would make the swap a much easier.
Sounds like a big job though bro....If you do it I'm sure we'd all love to see it.

:xbeer1:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
the closest thing i've seen to that is a tacoma in a parkinglot with the iForce V8 emblems on his tailgate. I highly doubt he actually had one under the hood, but i'd love to see it if you did it

·
Registered
237 Posts
Considering that the Tundra use the same front and rear axles, suspension and auto transmission as 3.4L Tacomas the drivetrain durability would not be an issue.

This swap would not be terribly hard but I don't really see the benefits. The extra weight would throw off the already unbalanced weight bias of the truck and a supercharged 3.4 makes as much power and gets about the same mileage. Get a TRD blower, get URD's fuel upgrade kit and you will be more than happy.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
One problem is that a iforce fits so tightly in there. Same goes with other v8's...given. I think that because of size, it would complicate things, as in have to move shit around.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Im waiting for someone to wreck the new 05 tacomas by the salvage rights and man hello 4.0 and 6 speed manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SEAN_at_TLT said:
Considering that the Tundra use the same front and rear axles, suspension and auto transmission as 3.4L Tacomas the drivetrain durability would not be an issue.

This swap would not be terribly hard but I don't really see the benefits. The extra weight would throw off the already unbalanced weight bias of the truck and a supercharged 3.4 makes as much power and gets about the same mileage. Get a TRD blower, get URD's fuel upgrade kit and you will be more than happy.

I just might do that thankx

·
Registered
29 Posts
SEAN_at_TLT said:

Actually the suspension, as far as coils go, are not the same between a 3.4L Taco and a Tundra. Case in point, a 3.4L Taco coil spring will lift a 2.7L Taco by roughly 1in. where as the Tundra coil will lift it by roughly 2-2.5in on a 2.7L Taco.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts