im meeting jason around 10 or so at his house

·
Registered
2,586 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
im meeting jason around 10 or so at his house
quit playing grab ass with Jason ! get your butt on pirate, your missing the good deals. V6 5.29 yukon with full detroit low miles 550 shipped , you can't build it for that and another 5.29 diff for sale that could be used in your front axle for sale too.

that's where I look first for stuff

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have been fucking off and loping the mule as of late. Been out of town for work over the last 3 weeks or so (between the north slope of alaska and trinidad this past week)Getting back in the swing today!

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I have been fucking off and loping the mule as of late. Been out of town for work over the last 3 weeks or so (between the north slope of alaska and trinidad this past week)Getting back in the swing today!
You should of stopped by when u were in Alaska!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Nice one Chris.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Weel I left town again for work. Sux I know. But the money is stacking up :)

Ordered some goodies from Marlin tonight. Not much but it is a couple more pieces out of the way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
nice little truck! Ive always loved the extended cabs. Go with the double shackles in the rear with those 63's they work great just use the stock chevy shackle with another one at the right length to give you a good shackle angle.

Right now im using a homemade shackle and a 2" chevy lowering shackle flipped on my runner and they work well.

GL on the build!

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
nice little truck! Ive always loved the extended cabs. Go with the double shackles in the rear with those 63's they work great just use the stock chevy shackle with another one at the right length to give you a good shackle angle.

Right now im using a homemade shackle and a 2" chevy lowering shackle flipped on my runner and they work well.

GL on the build!
:2cents:
Don't do this! It'll unload like crazy on descents and unless you want to run a traction bar, it'll give you all kinds of wheel hop and bend springs on climbs. The double setup lets the rear axle try to drive under the truck on steep hills. It will look fucking sweet on an RTI ramp, but won't be as useful on the trail as a proplerly set up rear shackle hanger w/ a single shackle. Check it out on pirate. Also look at the buggy leaf (3/4 elliptical) set ups. They are equally not good.

edit: just stick w/ your plan of getting the sky's chevy setup.

·
Registered
22 Posts
:2cents:
Don't do this! It'll unload like crazy on descents and unless you want to run a traction bar, it'll give you all kinds of wheel hop and bend springs on climbs. The double setup lets the rear axle try to drive under the truck on steep hills. It will look fucking sweet on an RTI ramp, but won't be as useful on the trail as a proplerly set up rear shackle hanger w/ a single shackle. Check it out on pirate. Also look at the buggy leaf (3/4 elliptical) set ups. They are equally not good.

edit: just stick w/ your plan of getting the sky's chevy setup.
Ive had ZERO problems with mine on the trails and on the street as a DD. Also the chevys are a much thicker and "stiffer" to not allow that axle wrap. I think its all personal preference to which you want, all of them are proven.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You could always 3 link it before you spend a dime on the leaves. I wish I would have.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Ive had ZERO problems with mine on the trails and on the street as a DD. Also the chevys are a much thicker and "stiffer" to not allow that axle wrap. I think its all personal preference to which you want, all of them are proven.
i'm just sayin...if you're climbing a hill, the rear axle will be more likely to try to drive under the rig, and if you're going downhill (i'm talking really steep hills), the ass end will be more likely to unload and dump you on your roof. maybe you just haven't had it happen YET, but that's not saying it can't/won't happen. and yes, chevy springs are stiffer than toyota ones, but they can still give you alot of wheel hop. that's why alot of folks keep the overload and cut the rear half of it off or run a trac bar with chevy springs.

I guess we can agree to disagree until you find yourself in the situation I described. :D

You could always 3 link it before you spend a dime on the leaves. I wish I would have.
Me too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I guess we can agree to disagree until you find yourself in the situation I described.
I guess will just have to agree to disagree. The main reason I did it was to locate the rear spring hanger for the chevys and save money at the same time.:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So, as usual I have been looking for deals and pricing out parts online.
Whats the difference between IFS and solid axle hub gears on Longs site? Are the IFS hubs stronger? It may not even apply to me, I just wanted to know.....

I also priced some 5.29 G2 gears (HP and v6), install kits and solid pinion spacers at 4WP (I know I was killing time) for 696 out the door that doesnt sound too bad huh?

I have been looking for a HP third or housing to no avail so far. I was thinking the HP housing from TG. Anyone heard any good/bad experiences with that particular item?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yep. I have read that the IFS rotor, caliper, hub upgrade eliminates the spacers.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Whats the difference between IFS and solid axle hub gears on Longs site? Are the IFS hubs stronger?

The only difference is so that there are more options for folks who want to keep the stronger aisin lockouts (whether from a solid axle or an IFS rig). The IFS hub gears make it so you can run your IFS lockouts on a solid axle.

I have been looking for a HP third or housing to no avail so far. I was thinking the HP housing from TG. Anyone heard any good/bad experiences with that particular item?

I asked around about that housing, and it seems the few that are running it haven't had any problems to date. I guess it's hard to fuck up a cast housing. Go for it.
my answers.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yep. I have read that the IFS rotor, caliper, hub upgrade eliminates the spacers.
Yes, it adds 3 inches in width. I just ordered my Diamond housing and went with the ifs hubs, ifs hub lock outs, and Tacoma brake mounting kit. It's $99 for FrontRange's Tacoma brake mounting kit, or for $129 Brian will make one for Tundra Brakes on a solid axle. If you do this you have to turn down the IFS hubs a little so you can slip the Taco/Tundra rotors over the hub. You can also buy the turned down hubs from FrontRange for $40 a piece. The main reason I went this way besides the upgraded braking is ease of axle tear down. With this set up you can replace birfields and and pull third members without touching wheel bearings!! You can also replace brake rotors or have them turned without having to press out hub/wheel studs!

21 - 40 of 686 Posts