TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 686 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
my answers.
As usual thanks for the input. i might have found an HP 3rd instead of the TG one.

Yes, it adds 3 inches in width. I just ordered my Diamond housing and went with the ifs hubs, ifs hub lock outs, and Tacoma brake mounting kit. It's $99 for FrontRange's Tacoma brake mounting kit, or for $129 Brian will make one for Tundra Brakes on a solid axle. If you do this you have to turn down the IFS hubs a little so you can slip the Taco/Tundra rotors over the hub. You can also buy the turned down hubs from FrontRange for $40 a piece. The main reason I went this way besides the upgraded braking is ease of axle tear down. With this set up you can replace birfields and and pull third members without touching wheel bearings!! You can also replace brake rotors or have them turned without having to press out hub/wheel studs!
Thanks that might be a possibility i after i get the suspension, tires, gears and lockers done. I am ready to wheel this biotch already.

i just got my 4cylinder gear sets from Davez Off Road Performance G2 gears both sets shipped to my door under $500 :2cents:

Thanks Tim. I might need some help putting that RUF pack together
I think I am leaning towards a 6 leaf front pack now.

In other news: I picked up my second set of OEM rears for my RUF spring pack on Friday along with an IFS steering box.

2 more pieces out of the Way!

I am going to order my steering box mount, and the front/ rear sky kits at the end of the week or very early next week. Im leaving town again for work. Gotta make some $$$$$$ to pay for this build.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Well I got some more parts in today via FedEx. More Marlin goodies that I ordered early last week.

I decided to get a new HiSteer kit since I deemed it better in the long run and some 1.5" wheel spacers. The Marlin steering arms are pretty bling!

I ordered a TG knuckle gussett kit and IFS Box mount today as well.

I know its a boring update but an update nonetheless.

4 more pieces down seems like a million to go.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
The Marlin steering arms are pretty bling!
Yeah, they're pretty, sucks that you still have to paint them or they'll rust. They're just all shiny b/c they're milled out of a billet rather than cast.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
yep. I will enjoy the shiny till they are on the truck and painted :)

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I'm powder coating my 6 shooters with clear, so the shinny will last. If ruffstuff will release an axle I would be set to move to next mod. Keep stocking p on the parts, it will come together for you and you will be bitching about all the wrench time and no wheeling

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The funny thing is that all my parts are coming to my work and are stacking up in the corner of my office. My boss asked if they were for my Marty McFly truck :) The DOM steering links are f-n heavy. That will come in handy.

My TG order will be here Friday. TG or not TG they ship shit fast!

I just need my front and rear hangers (I think) and maybe we can get some sparks flying!

Ray who is doing your PC work?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey can you PM me directions to the Ranch?

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
The funny thing is that all my parts are coming to my work and are stacking up in the corner of my office.

I had stuff stacking up in my garage for the better part of a year before I started really getting serious with my 4Runner, but once the sparks start flying its so much fun.

:saw: :welder: :)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I just loaded up all my recent purchases to make some room in my office for more crap that will be on the way in the near future.

I just ordered a set of Chromo hub gears and Knuckle ball wipers from Longfield. I didnt pony up the cash for the axles........yet :)

I have another trip out of town this coming week. Mo money, Mo mods to pay for!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #51 (Edited)
Well, I got my IFS steering box mount and knuckle gusset kit in today.

Ordered a front axle truss and triple drilled TC flange from Marlin this morning.

The triple drilled flanges are 5 bucks this week only (regularly $30)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well I got some more stuff in the mail this past week While i was out of town.

Lonfield chromo hub gears and knuckle wipers, Marlin triple drilled flanges and front axle gusset.

My newest question is about the steering linkage. What is the typical length that it needs to be extended and where (what vehicle) do I need to source the parts from?

I cant seem to find anything anywhere about it..

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
on your steering linkage there is a nylon insert you drill out and then you can adjust it and weld it or leave it. I suggest not welding, that way you can collapse it if you ever need to work on ps box

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Thanks Ray

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Well i have parts steadily rolling in.

Picked up some 14" shock hoops for the front on Friday.

Got another Uniden Pro 520XL CB, external speaker, coax and antenna setup pretty cheap on TW today as well.

Have some other stuff to pick up this week. Will post up after I take possession.

Ordering gears right after that.

Re-Thinking my suspension setup (as I type).

Then possibly on to some cutting.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
What are your ideas on the suspension? Links?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
No links as of yet :) possibly going a different route instead of the RUF and 63's

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
So I picked up some other goodies yesterday

I got an IFS rear axle, a rear V6 third, a V6 Detroit for the rear, and a Marlin front spring hanger.

The parts are piling up::D

Marlin U-bolt flips front and rear
Marlin Histeer
Marlin 1.5" wheel spacers
Marlin axle gusset
Marlin Front hanger and shackles
TG Knuckle rebuild kit with bearings
TG Knuckle gusset kit with
TG shock hoops
TG IFS box mount
Longfield Knuckle ball wipers
Longfield chromo hub gears
86 IFS steering box
IFS rear axle
Rear V6 Detroit Locker

I have some other stuff lined out as well......

Ordering Skys rear 63 kit and G2 5.29's from Davez today!

Anything else?

41 - 60 of 686 Posts