Registered
178 Posts
So what's left on the to do list?

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #465
So what's left on the to do list?
To drive:

Weld rear spring perches, rear driveshaft, Plumb the power steering system, Plumb up all new brake lines, and rework the exhaust just a tad moving the crossover back since the drivetrain is longer due to the crawlbox.

Then its just fill the remaining fluids, and add a battery.

To wheel:

Reconnect on board air system, run line to rear ARB, install switches.

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close I can taste it!

·
Registered
178 Posts
To drive:

Weld rear spring perches, rear driveshaft, Plumb the power steering system, Plumb up all new brake lines, and rework the exhaust just a tad moving the crossover back since the drivetrain is longer due to the crawlbox.

Then its just fill the remaining fluids, and add a battery.

To wheel:

Reconnect on board air system, run line to rear ARB, install switches.

SOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close I can taste it!
Shit man that is close! Any thoughts on when you want to do a shakedown run?

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #467
I don't know if I will be ready this weekend, but I am busy all next weekend. I would love to shoot for this sunday, but I can't make that call yet with that list left to go. I will keep you informed, but it may be a last minute call.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't know if I will be ready this weekend, but I am busy all next weekend. I would love to shoot for this sunday, but I can't make that call yet with that list left to go. I will keep you informed, but it may be a last minute call.
I'm working this weekend so if you're going Sunday I'll just have to be there in spirit unfortunately. I am picking up the 02 Friday though so I'm game for anything after next week.

Are you doing a sch 40 driveshaft or having one custom made? Trying to get some ideas for the 85

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #469
I'm working this weekend so if you're going Sunday I'll just have to be there in spirit unfortunately. I am picking up the 02 Friday though so I'm game for anything after next week.

Are you doing a sch 40 driveshaft or having one custom made? Trying to get some ideas for the 85
Having one made at a driveline shop.

Thinking maybe one day next week for the shakedown if all goes well this weekend.

Maybe Friday the 4th.

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #470
Got some more done.

Hydro-assist in, hoses ran

PS Resi mounted off the shock hoop:

A little more cleanup on the drivers side fenderwell area too:

Getting a BUNCH of hoses made today.

Cool thing is all my high pressure hoses ended up being exactly the same, that will simplify spares :D

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
Just a quick bump to say she started right up! Hopefully wrap up a few things in the next day or so and I can take a test drive! :D

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #473
Shakedown run on Sunday...most likely at the badlands. Now all I gotta do is find somewhere open on sat to throw an exhaust system on it.

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #474
Well didn't make a shakedown.

But I had some help finishing up the last few little things:

And boom:

Gonna lower it 1.5" to my design ride height, but it looks tall bc of my fender cut as well from being able to stuff a 37 when I had the LT kit still. Someday new fenders will be in order. Right now the frame is at 25".

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #476
Thanks and Yup. 480 miles each way for my shakedown :D

I was cruising at 80 mph down the freeway yesterday smooth as can be. I've flexed it out several times and everything checks out. Crawlbox is working great, no leaks. Ready for the rocks.

·
1,860 Posts
great news.....enjoy and be safe

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #480
Awwww..... you went a week before us! dang...
Yep. I like the larger events and meeting up with others. I ran in to and wheeled all weekend with two guys I wheeled with 2 years ago there, it was awesome.

Plus I walked away from the raffle with a set of D60 drive flanges...in case the full chromo Yukon hubs ever decide to give out :D

461 - 480 of 504 Posts
About this Discussion
503 Replies
28 Participants
NwiTACO
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing