TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had this:

Then we bought a house, some friends had babies born, now the bug hit my wife. So before I got stuck in a mini van for the next 18 year I sold this:

So I could buy this:

So the plan is to pull everything off the 97 bolt it only the 04 DC and run 35s (though that was the plan for the 97 and I got carried away) so that it will be more DD friendly. Oh and there will be a small trip to the middle east before I finish. So let the cutting begin. :saw:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hydro Assist:

FROR bracket kit and Steering box mount:

New oil pan is on order from sky. Rear shackles are on order from all pro. Was going to get their springs too but they are on back order till july. I'll be calling Alcan for some custom ones instead. Also heard that KM2s are on back order so.....

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
heres your old 97 in its current form:)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
What springs were you running before?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some more parts in on friday. Also pulled off the body lift this weekend.

Oil pan

Rear Shackles

I started taking the body lift off the bed first and found out that all the bolts were rusted. After fighting with it for an hour I jumped in the wife's car and ran up to the store to get supplies.

Oh and this little guy too. Been thinking about it for almost 3 years now and never end up getting it. Well this project was the last straw. Ended up being a good buy too, saved me around 2 hours of work compared to the last time I pulled off a body lift. Dewalt 1/2in drive, 14.4v (not the big guy I know but that was a little too pricey.

Bumper off

Exhaust cut

Bed half done

Bed done

Cab almost done

Cab done

Then add some flat black paint

Thats it till next pay period. Next up are sliders and ordering rear springs, shock hoops, and tires.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Couple more parts.

Normal radio with ipod connection.

Also ordered some Alcan springs, 6" lift for the rear. On my last truck it was a bit low in the rear. I hope this fixes that, when I asked for 5.5 inch lift Alcan said I wouldn't notice the 1/2", I explained what happened last time and so they said just go with 6". At least with it high I can take out leaves to lower it versus adding a huge shackle and then worrying about pinion angle.

Also found out at work that we are working on a de-beaching exercise with some Canadian Divers and doing a recovery of training mines, so basically the entire month of June just went down the crapper. I am hoping that maybe my the end of July that I can have the swap done so I can a good week in the fall to go to PA or KY to wheel. PLus a number of shake down runs before that obviously.

·
Registered
589 Posts
looking great id love to have a d cab if only toyota would of been smart and offered a 5spd i guess a little :saw: :welder: will solve that

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the radio installed today, had to hurry a bit because I was trying to fit the install in between getting off of work and going to see Iron Man 2. Really can't do anything amazing on it until the last of the parts come. Anyways it will be nice to finally have radio presets again and a way to listen to my Ipod.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wheels came. These will look better than the steelies since its a DD and I still have the steelies with 37s if I wanna bump up to them for wheeling after a bit.

Going to try and get them mounted on the BFGs tomorrow, besides that just waiting on Alcan. Depending on how long that takes (and how work is looking) I might burn on some sliders first.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts