Registered
178 Posts
well, im in frankfort ......picking up
2 transfer cases.....i dont know what to do with them tho....any ideas/
Give one to me for my doubler setup of course! :missingto

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is exactly my plan...picked up a top shift and front shift from a guy. plan to build them outside of the truck and then install them.....mayb when i do get these u may want the one currently in my truck.

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To do list, not in order yet:
1. Swap front springs, previous owner put driver on pass side and vice versa!
2. Purchase Rear locker
3. Fab sliders,bumper,bed cagecage
4 . Dual case with twin sticks---both cases are here......

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, list changed quickly....saturday i will be picking up a dual kit including everything but driveshafts and my forward shift case......guess this will be my first mod on the truck

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update:
trail-gear dual adapter-new in box
trail-gear twin stick kit-new in box
trail-gear dual case crossmember with 2 v6 tcase mounts
2 topshift cases and 1 forward shift case
all sitting in garage ready to begin transformation

·
4,068 Posts
Nice! I can't wait to get wheels on this thing and try my duals out. I am more itching to try those than the whole new axle, lol.

Can't wait to see this thing transform.

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crawl box is built...woohoo...now to start the driveshafts and the tunnel modifications

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Twin sticked case completed...ready to mate the twin stick case and the crawl box now. Then driveshafts and floor mods

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well....according to pirate on an 84, long wb pickup going to dual cases, a rear driveshaft out of a 3rd gen 4runner will bolt right in....this is great, no getting driveshaft made,and has double cardan joint and gets away from a 2 piece driveshaft........
so, today i picked one up for 50 bucks!

·
4,068 Posts
well....according to pirate on an 84, long wb pickup going to dual cases, a rear driveshaft out of a 3rd gen 4runner will bolt right in....this is great, no getting driveshaft made,and has double cardan joint and gets away from a 2 piece driveshaft........
so, today i picked one up for 50 bucks!
Where did you get it and are there any more? I need another for my sas

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is one in frankfort....but they want 100. on a 98 765-258-3026

·
4,068 Posts
Well thanks. I am looking for local to me or someone I know for now since gas getting there and back would be another $100 lol

I gotta wrap this up low-budget stylez

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I am reasonably sure the third gen 4runners use the tacoma pattern on the flange meaning that while length may be right it will not bolt in

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
guess i will find out....if so the guy on pirate lied when he said it was bolt-in.

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fud- you are correct....my diff flange fits, the tcase flange does not. the bolt pattern is wider on the new shaft....thanks for the info, i will need to figure out a remedy. tcase is still out so may look at changing output flange or mayb ??????

·
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, new to this shaft, so fud or mark.....which end goes to t case? slip joint or the double cardan? i think its the d/c but wana be sure before i start pulling flanges off

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
5 Participants
slander
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing