TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have had the last straw with the webber on my 22r so its time to go propane but have some questions . how dose the cold effect the propane i was told that in the cold it doesn't work so well when the tank is cold? and i know got propane is supposedly the best kit out there (via pirate) but wheeling with some propane users told me about nash fuel kit was just want your guys impute on what kits may be missing or experiences with them will be carrying two tanks so will need an extra bracket for that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was cold enough that my webber was flooding and running like crap so its got to go guess this tax money is finally burning a hole in my pocket

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 38 webber and it was on the truck when i bought it and its been kinda hokey and its fought with me a few times before and i just want it gone at this point so figure its worth $150-175 so guess it will lessin the blow for the converstion. at least i got a set of tanks already too.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
I think the 38 weber is designed more for a "built" engine. A 32/36 is a better way to go for a normal 22r. If you want to try putting a factory carb back on the truck to see if it runs better I have a couple. You can just have one if you want to go that route. As for the propane; it's a great setup for offroad, just kinda pricey. Like Terry said, Charlie is the only one around here that runs propane.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the guy i bought the truck from had the motor built prior to swapping it in he said it was a mild build but has always ran ok other than when it hickups. and the money will be worth it i think for peace of mind that when i point it to the moon it wont be dyeing and i do nee a stock carb base for the propane

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
You are more than welcome to have a complete carb or just the base. I think I have two that are complete, and another that is in pieces.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well called and ordered the kit from gotpropane.com today says i should see it in 7-10 days should have time to get it rolling for Heineyfarm offroadohio fundraiser ride.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well got tanks re-certified and filled waiting on kit and need to call jed about the carb parts and we will start pulling gas related parts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well started the install today and all is going well should be running tomorrow morning some time after work lets out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well she is up and running got a few small leaks to find and tighten up and some timing to adjust and adjust the idle screw a bit. ten to mount the tanks and ill be ready to go wheeling. good buy gasoline and carburetors.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
awesome

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lost some blood today getting the tanks mounted. but they are in now need to get throttle cable rigged in and should be ready for a test run.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well got the throttle cable mounted and then went for a test run and she feels more power than ever before so maybe that 38 weber was hurting things. and now under the realization i really need to rewire this truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
3 Participants
redyota
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing