TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently have a 22R and am in the process of completely rebuilding it. However, my carburetor is being a real ***** and i decided that i would either propane swap my truck or buy a new carb.
Personally i am leaning toward propane swapping it because of all of the pros. My truck will still be a daily driver though, so my question is that with a truck running fully on propane is there a way to pass emissions. If anyone has any Info. or wants to sell me a carburetor that would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
numbers wise it should pass with no issues.... and i mean you would be adding the whole setup and not bypassing any emissions stuff you have???

there are a few ways you can do it with several different tank setups. you can even get it so that you can use regular 20lb bbq bottles.

keep in mind most setups out there are anywhere from 400-900 bucks depending on who you get it from and what comes in it...

·
Registered
434 Posts
i didn't know you could do propane in an unleaded vehicle... or maybe i'm missing something? i thought that was primarily for diesels...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Diesel uses propane injection for more power like nitrous.

You need spark plugs, etc (gas engine) to run propane straight.

I would think it would pass easily - may even be a credit for using alternate fuels!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i didn't know you could do propane in an unleaded vehicle... or maybe i'm missing something? i thought that was primarily for diesels...

its a one or other thing.... there are vehicles that you can modify to run both but not at the same time... most conversions will switch it to 100% propane only without the chance of using any unleaded

1 - 7 of 7 Posts