TTORA Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
been to a couple different ones and the past two on bell road wont warranty the tire they sold me(less than a couple hundred miles) because the sidewall cut looks to clean. the manager at 15th av and bell says "to watch what neighborhoods i hang out in" someone took a knife to it, when i know damn well it happened on Collateral Damage.

told him i got 2 other tires with sidewall cuts he could look at and tell me they were from a knife, but hes not interested in helping out wheelers and says the warranties are for on road damage only.

anyone have a discount tire that they know will warranty there tires they sold if its got rockrash on the rim and a sidewall cut?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
See the 1st post in this thread, the store on Elliot just off I-10 has warranted numerous fubar tires for me, even one's I did not buy there :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
thanks Igor, Jim at the Elliot and Hardy store treated me right, and should have the new one shipped within in the week.:D

·
Registered
707 Posts
My tires are discounts with certs. I have always had a bad time keeping the weights on the rims. I recently changed wheels and at that time I did not have them balanced :doh: in order to run airsoft pellets. It was an experiment and suprisingly they work well but only at cruising speed. Any change in speed or a bump and it throws it out of balance for a sec. Anyway should I take out the pellets to have discount rebalance them? Can they balance them with the pellets? Should I ditch the whole pellet idea due to it being a pain? Or should I try the stick on weights inside the rim? This is on a daily driver 32 miles each day and I would really like to get rid of the vibes.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Aaron,
After removing my pellets, and swapping my wheels at you place, I just dropped them off at Big-O on Bell down your street. They did the stick-on weights on all of them for $8.50 each. 2 of my more well used tires needed about $10 in weights alone:D

Smooth as silk though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Aaron,
After removing my pellets, and swapping my wheels at you place, I just dropped them off at Big-O on Bell down your street. They did the stick-on weights on all of them for $8.50 each. 2 of my more well used tires needed about $10 in weights alone:D

Smooth as silk though.
Yeah, I just knock the tire off the bead on one side sucked out the pellets with a shop vac and took it to discount. Much better now, and less head aches.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts