TTORA Forum banner

Props to Discount Tire

17K views 69 replies 33 participants last post by  Payne86 
#1 ·
In the last 2 months they've mounted 3 or 4 tires for me for free, no questions asked. Today I walk in looking for a new set of 33"s, they gave me 1 for free because I had a 6" gash in the sidewall from last weekend, and prorated the rest based on the remaining tread even though they were chunked up as hell. Did I mention I bought the tires used and don't have any paperwork for them? All in all, 4 new BFG AT KOs in 33x12.5x15, mounted, balanced, and with replacement certificates for under $600 plus a $70 mail in rebate.

The branch I go to is @ Elliot and Hardy in Tempe, but I've had good luck with all of them over the years.

Props to a company that doesn't suck!

#4 ·
I learned that as long as your name is in their system you're good to go.

when i had my tundra it came w/ a set of pretty new LTX's. i never bought a new tire for it. But i took it to Discount Tire for 4-5 plugs and a sidewall tear. All the plugs were done for free and the tire w/the side wall tear was replaced for free. no questions asked.

i've heard people gripe about them as well but i've had nothing but good experiences. no need for me to go anywhere else.

#11 ·
Can't say enough about them down here as well. I've even got them to mount up tires with plugs in the sidewall for me because they know it's not for anything I drive down the street. Also have got certs on used tires, tons of free mount and balances, rotations, tire disposals. Never have a problem with them, and I always buy new tires for my road driven vehicles from them, no need to shop around.

#14 ·
I guess I'll be the one to complain.Have a cut in a bfg mud 255/85.paid $166 for the tire in 06'.I have the prorated warranty so Iknow I will pay for what I have worn out(1/2 tread),price for the new tire with my warranty...$185:confused:Supposedly the tire has gone from 166 to 220 and the pro rate Is based on the new price.Not sure what to do now,I feel like they are fucking me.

#15 ·
seems as if the warranties are better if the tires are older than 3 years?

I've had good luck with them as well..... Jim do you know anyone at the store you go to? It certainly helps to have connections too.

#17 ·
in my opinion it is always better to buy the certs for on average 15 bucks a tire. i got prerun all the time, i have a rock rash that tears the side wall i pay nothing for a new tire, but you guys would pay around 30 for mount and balance and renewing the certs. its a great thing to have for on and off road.

#19 ·
Here's the way the prorate works. Unless the dude is doing it wrong. You paid $166, new price is $220. 1/2 tread based on the new price means they are gonna give you back $110 towards another tire. If it was still $166, you would only be getting $83 back. So you're getting back more than you should based on the old price, but the price of the tire is more now so you have to pay that difference. It's a wash.

$110+$12(I think for mount/balance)+disposal fee+warranty on new tire (based on the cost of $220)+tax I can see that being $185.

#24 ·
haha i used to work at the elliot store. and the az32 store 101 and 59th ave on the north side.

#27 ·
DT is the best! Haven't bought any tires from them yet but they have repaired 3 tires of mine with punctures. Then i got rocks inside of my wheel one time because the inner lip got gouged, i was expecting to pay some money especially since i was there the week before getting a puncture fixed but they refinished the inner lip for me so it had a nice seal, rebalanced, and mounted all for free. They even gave me a matching valve stem cap that i had lost, for free as well. BTW all the work and awesome customer service has been provided by the chandler and 48th st location in ahwatukee.

#29 ·
I work at DT on Power and Southern. Awesome company to work for. And it doesn't hurt getting tires at cost.

#33 ·
the discount on elliot has gotten sstrict on their rules. took a tire in with certs that came with it when I bought the tire used. never had a problem before, guy said non transferable and the tire looked like it had been used for rock crawling so it was abused so no warranty.

also, no more mtr in 37x12.50 r15. they can't get any 37 in a 15", so looks like it is going to have to go to 17" when i slice another.

#35 ·
so i wanted a new set of MTR's. I called a local goodyear(gemini) store that i know somebody that works there. he said they dont make 42's, then said yeah they do, but it will be 4-6mos and they need a full deposit to order them.
well 4 days later i was loading them into back of the truck at DISCOUNT TIRE!
Thanks Tim at 79th and bell rd store, 623-412-3849

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.