TTORA Forum banner

Pulling left at braking

3K views 27 replies 9 participants last post by  cooper4x4 
cooper4x4 said:
Just what the title says. The truck pulls to the left when I apply the brakes with force. I have replaced both inner tie-rods, rotors, pads and have now rebuilt the passenger side caliper. Still pulls. Any more suggestions. Bearings dont have any play.
are either of the calipers sticking on their slides??? that will cause a pull

cooper4x4 said:
There was one piston on the pass side that looked like it had not had an equal amount of pressure applied to it as the other 3 pistons. I could tell that from the marks on the back of the pads. That is one reason why we rebuilt the caliper. We cleaned the pins and lubed them. STill pulls.
assuming you bled the brakes.

cooper4x4 said:
you are assuming correctly.
not sure what else to suggest.

from '02 FSM-brakes pull
1) piston stuck-are you wure you got everything put together correctly??
2)Pad or lining (oily)
3) piston (frozen)
4)disc (scored)
5) pad or lining (cracked or distorted)

did they pull before you started the brake work?? truck doesn't pull when driving??
don't our brakes do one front and one rear on one line and other wheel on other line-from master cylinder?? (sorry if dumb??) if so are the pressure teh same going to ea front wheel?

cooper4x4 said:
1) yes, got everything together correctly
2) no
3) no
4) no
5) no

It pulled both ways from bad tie rods. Fixed those and it pulled left. Started after we turned the rotors. Changed rotors, still have the problem. Changed pads and rebuilt the caliper and still have the problem. I dont know about the pressure.
did you get alignment after the tierods??? If not start there. sorry I wasn't able to be more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.