TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I'm pulling the trigger and getting new tires... No more BS or long drawn out research and discussions... Narrowed it down to GY MTR with Kevlar,
GY Duratracs or Gen. Grabber Red labels... Any last minute info??? or last minute suggestions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also

tire size is 31x10.5r15... DD tires... light offroading mostly city/freeway.. Looking mostly for aggressive A/T or M/T...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Duratracs for what your describing

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duratracs for what your describing
Anyone specific reason or experience that makes you feel that way? thank you for the input BTW! nice rig!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Anyone specific reason or experience that makes you feel that way? thank you for the input BTW! nice rig!
my buddy runs them on his tacoma and they do extremely well in everything we have put them though. mud, snow, rocks, you name it and on the street they hold on tight and seem to wear pretty well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my buddy runs them on his tacoma and they do extremely well in everything we have put them though. mud, snow, rocks, you name it and on the street they hold on tight and seem to wear pretty well.
Thats what I want to hear. Seems like some hate em, some are reluctant to them and others love em. They look awesome and sound even better. Im not much for BFG from personal experience... The GY MTR with kevlars almost seems like to much... Im sure the GY Silent Armors are good they just dont seem adequate. And the Grabbers almost seem overated and over priced. I like the look of the Duratracs, Grabbers a/t 2's and also the toyo a/t 2's are nice. I want good mileage and fuel economy with a nice offroad bite.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
done

I did it it's done!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Definitely the right choice for what you want. MTR's are awesome but only if you want an MT.
and they deserve to be 35+ IMHO.
Grabber's are ok but they're hard and heavy.

You'll be really happy with the performance on and off the road and they'll last forever.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump for an awesome fucking tire! 1k miles on them and still look absolutely brand new nobbies and all. Highly recommended for the 90% DD vehicle and 10% offroad if you want the look and ability with the well mannered characteristics at freeway speeds as well as through the city. And I'm running a LT kit and have had no funky wear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts