TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my charger yesterday and the power is nice I must add however I seem to get a pull through all gears up to 3rd then in 4th gear it pretty much seems like my stock truck. From all the posts I have read everyone chimes in about how nice it is to have added highway passing power...WEll I dont seem to have that I seem to have it at lower speeds...Do you thinkI just have to let the ECU adjust more or could it be a pinched vacuum line etc? I have gone over the lines and it appears that nothing is pinched or misproperly placed. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of right now nothing...Need more mulah to come in. Could this be the problem though? I thoguht that the fuel delivery issue had to do more of RPM rather than gearing and car speed? I will definetly be purchasing a URD kit though in the not to distant future. As of right now I just did the free FMU mod. However it doesnt seem to ping at all but Im sure that problem will eventually arise. I want to get the fuel kit anyways as the engine has about 82000 miles on it.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
i notice good 4th-5th gear power without fuel mods, it'll set me back in my seat if i step on it doing 80

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
i notice good 4th-5th gear power without fuel mods, it'll set me back in my seat if i step on it doing 80

you're truck hates you.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
i know it does...but the way i see it, if i destroy the engine while it's still under warranty, i can get a new engine and supercharger and then get the fuel mods from the start...i've already got almost 30k SC'd miles, so i figure this engine is ###### whether i get the mods or not

·
Registered
203 Posts
TundraV6 said:
I installed my charger yesterday and the power is nice I must add however I seem to get a pull through all gears up to 3rd then in 4th gear it pretty much seems like my stock truck. From all the posts I have read everyone chimes in about how nice it is to have added highway passing power...WEll I dont seem to have that I seem to have it at lower speeds...Do you thinkI just have to let the ECU adjust more or could it be a pinched vacuum line etc? I have gone over the lines and it appears that nothing is pinched or misproperly placed. Thanks
My truck sounds similar. It pulls really good in 1st-3rd then when I get to 4th and 5th, it doesn't have that same awesome pull. It still feels way better than stock tho. I chaulk it up to the restrictive airbox, MAF and TB.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
i know it does...but the way i see it, if i destroy the engine while it's still under warranty, i can get a new engine and supercharger and then get the fuel mods from the start...i've already got almost 30k SC'd miles, so i figure this engine is ###### whether i get the mods or not
Yeah but you know the engine is gona die on you the day you run of warranty ;)

I can help you with the URD kit when you get it.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
with my luck it probably will...i'm hoping to have it in the next couple months, but something expensive will come up i'm sure

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there anyone in MA that has done a URD kit install? seems pretty lengthy and I would probably need some help...Those west coasters are always so generous

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi
do you have a scan tool?
it may be pulling timing my truck had a big issue with this and the fuel mods helped a lot. also do think that toyota will just throw a new motor in it and you should just do the fuel mods now.
mark

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
MDTRD said:
My truck sounds similar. It pulls really good in 1st-3rd then when I get to 4th and 5th, it doesn't have that same awesome pull. It still feels way better than stock tho. I chaulk it up to the restrictive airbox, MAF and TB.
My truck was like that prior to fuel mods and better FTC tuning. (And Supra MAF)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Jade
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing