TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 55,000 miles on my 05 'coma. should i start with synthetic now. Q torque oil for 4x4's and trucks?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I only have 8800 Km on my Taco and im goin to start synthetic around the
10 - 12 K km. Ive used Mobil 1 synthetic in all my cars/trucks. Not sure what Q torque is but sounds like a heavy oil for unbalanced compressions?

·
Registered
215 Posts
im more of a valvoline guy...and i think ive only seen that q torque in 15w-40...ill check what we have at work tomorrow

·
Registered
423 Posts
I suggest Amsoil 5w30 or Mobil 1. I usually switch on the first oil change. When I had my Jeep I drove it home from the dealer and switched it. A lot of the high end cars come with synthetic from the factory. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I switched to mobil one at 3,000 and i am about to hit 17,000,still runnin like a champ.:)

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Mobil one full synthetic

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whatever you do dont get the q torque my gas milage went from 18.5mpg 16.5mpg avg. and i didnt even get a power gain. Use valvoline max life i am now up to 19.5mpg avg. and i could tell an instant diffrence when i switched from q.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Because it's oil...

You won't see a gas mileage change. It's just oil!

·
Registered
111 Posts
i run mobil 1 i love the stuff i drive my truck like a bat out of hell and like the stuff does anyone run royal purple
I've run Mobil 1 5w-30 since the 2nd oil change on my truck and now I have 127K on it. Not one issue.

My friends race car was sponsored by Royal purple and supplied all the oil. They showed me a roller bearing test with Royal Purple vs. conventional oil, Mobil 1, Lucas, and blended oil. The Royal Purple showed the least wear, but at the that time 5-6 years ago; Royal Purple was $$ ~8-10/ quart and no body carried it.

I don't like switching Mfg. of oil due, so I stuck with Mobil 1 and never looked back.

Over filling and/or using high viscosity oil will decrease your mileage, it will cause drag on the crank shaft.

df

·
Registered
324 Posts
mobil one synthetic, only way to go, or amsoil i use that in my chainsaw, snowmachine, quad, etc. that shit dosent smoke and smells delicious!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts