TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching I have some unanswered questions

I just ordered the ARB with a winch. Now im thinkin since there are no tow/recovery points on the front of the ARB, can I use the winch hook as a tow point or should I jimmy up a hook below onto the frame since the stock tow point is a POS.
2nd question since are no light holes in the bumper to place my stock fog lights into what did you guys do with the wires and lights? Im thinkin use the left over wiring harness to power some big lights on the top of the bumper useing the existing switch.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What kind of vehicle is this for? A corolla? A Tercel? Please specify what vehicle you are installing the ARB Bull Bar. Assuming, thats what you mean by "ARB".:confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
the bumper should have reinforced holes that you can attach D rings to and use as recovery points. however, i prefer using tow hooks attached directly to the frame. there should already be a stock tow hook...not sure why youd think its a POS?

and use your existing fog wires for bigger lights that can be mounted on the bumper. just make sure it can handle the power the new lights will need...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of vehicle is this for? A corolla? A Tercel? Please specify what vehicle you are installing the ARB Bull Bar. Assuming, thats what you mean by "ARB".:confused:

I hope your kidding :banghead:
look what folder this is in

Doubledown
the stock recovery point on the front of the 07 double cab sport is a flimsy thing that will not take a clevis or loop from a strap. there is a tread goin on right now explaining the recovery point here
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64173

here is a pic of sisyphus's ARB bumper, note there is no place to place a D-ring

·
Registered
407 Posts
For the time being, my fog pigtails are just capped off and tied up. Toyed with the idea of cutting the bumper face for fogs, but I really don't need them....besides, I'd destroy a sticker if I did.

As for the stock tow hook, my skidplate is bashed just right where I can get my Pro Comp strap over it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Man, I didn't know people kept my pictures hanging around lol

Phoenix: When I get finished next weekend I'll post up some pictures. I'm currently pulling off the ARB to modify it. (since I blew up the planetary gears in my winch) I'm going to be trimming the front to allow the tires to flex all the way, and I'm also going to be elongating the hole where you access the engage/disengage switch on the winch (not sure the technical name) But anyways, also on the list was to add a set of tow hooks next to the lights. I'm gonna be drilling a set of holes and also adding some fishplating top and bottom welded around to spread the load. I suck at explaining it, but pictures should do it a little more justice. Basically I'm doing 1/4" plate top and bottom wider than the hook with the holes predrilled so it self aligns with the hooks. That way I'm not putting 10,000 lbs of pulling force on two little holes in the bumper. Anyways, I'll update the build thread when I'm done with it.

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im stalkin you on my space :rolleyes:
sounds good and complicated sisyphus.... release the PLASMA TORCH :welder:

·
Registered
41 Posts
2nd question since are no light holes in the bumper to place my stock fog lights into what did you guys do with the wires and lights? Im thinkin use the left over wiring harness to power some big lights on the top of the bumper useing the existing switch.
Where you able to use your stock wire harness and switch for the light? What lights were you able to run off of it? Need some light after this weekend just been to busy to mess with setting up all the electical stuff that goes with them. Im terrible when comes to electrical stuff.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm also going to be elongating the hole where you access the engage/disengage switch on the winch

Later,

Chris
Hope you didn't do that, Chris. I flipped the driver side horn and bent the oil cooler bracket where I can reach down there to flip the cam ring on my MileMarker. Not at all inconvenient as I winch with the hood up anyhow.

Regards,

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have 2 PIAA 520s wired into my stock foglight harness to save alot of electrical work which I'm terrible at anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts