TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So quick question about aftermarket CAPA certified fenders...they are not OEM. I'm looking at getting a replacement because I banged one of mine up really good. They have the primered ones on ebay that they will match your paint code via your VIN, etc, and it's not a too horrible of a price. I know they are not the same quality but...

Only going this route because I have searched everywhere for someone with a white passenger side fender for a 99 Tacoma and have come up dry. Found a set but it looks like and of the shipping companies wanted $200 to ship these things.

To the main question. In most of the pictures of these fenders, it doesn't show the vertical brace that has two holes for the studs of the headlamps to bolt through for the mount. And I'm pretty sure that these are tack welded onto the fender (at least the 01+ version...it shows the brace there). Does anyone have experience ordering these aftermarket primered fenders and do they in fact come with this vertical headlight mounting braces tacked in? Or are the braces up through '00 bolted through the top of the fender and then to the bottom of the lip?

·
Registered
132 Posts
With the CRAPA fenders we get here at work, usually the pictures are just a generic. I have one on my 4Runner, and put one on a customer's vehicle last week and the fit wasn't the greatest. In regards to your question about the brace, mine did come with it though the three we received on the other truck did not. In a nutshell, most aftermarket parts are hit or miss. Doesn't expect the marker lamp to fit perfectly nor be surprised if you receive one that's damaged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts