TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a person on another board that I visit and they were thinking of ordering a new Tacoma. My question is, were you able to order the specific options you wanted? And were you required to get any additional options to get the options you wanted? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
my friend just ordered one, he got a double cab 4wd sport w/ no probs. should be here in a few weeks. he didnt want the sport or trd but toyota said one or the other.

·
Tacoma-dana 44
383 Posts
In '99, the accessories came in packages. Almost all of what I wanted was in the SR5 package. There is the limited, TRD, weather package, etc. At that time, Toyota grouped alot of accessories to make you buy more accessories to get the ones you wanted.

I called numerous dealers and told them what I wanted. I didn't mention packages, just accessories. I bought mine from a fleet manager, not a sales person. That seems to be a good way to get one cheap. My parents also got a good deal from a fleet manager.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 05 DC 4wd Tacoma w/ TRD on order. I did alot of research on pricing and options before I ordered. I found the best site to go to is Kelly Blue Book (www.kbb.com). If you build the rig there it will give you what otions you can get on that vehicle along with what I have found is dead on "invoice pricing". With that said. Toyota has certain build profiles and will not do alot of mixing and matching. They seem to have options that are linked to other options. Like if you want side impact airbags they will only build the truck that way if you get VSC package to.

I would make a list of options you want, call the dealer you want to work with and they will search Toyotas inventory. They arfe able to see every otpion the trucks have that are at other dealers or coming off the line at the factory. It was pretty cool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I ordered my 05 Taco back in Mid January....I just picked it up last night...i'm sooooooo psyched!!

My Truck:
Impulse Red Pearl
Access Cab
4x4
v6
6 speed manual
OG-Off Road w/ Tow

They didn't have the specific options i had wanted all together in the prefered color, so I special ordered it. It took about 7 weeks to come in.....I didn't specify the additional 6-disc changer/steering whell controls/upgraded speakers on the options, but for whatever reason, the truck came with it and they didn't charge me for it (hahahaha, silly stealership). I still feel like i got a good deal on the truck, all things considered. If they wanted to charge me the $200 for the cd-changer, i would have gladly paid for it... I got mine for ~$25,750 before tax tags and title. (it also came with floormats, at no charge)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Flitred said:
I ordered my 05 Taco back in Mid January....I just picked it up last night...i'm sooooooo psyched!!

My Truck:
Impulse Red Pearl
Access Cab
4x4
v6
6 speed manual
OG-Off Road w/ Tow

They didn't have the specific options i had wanted all together in the prefered color, so I special ordered it. It took about 7 weeks to come in.....I didn't specify the additional 6-disc changer/steering whell controls/upgraded speakers on the options, but for whatever reason, the truck came with it and they didn't charge me for it (hahahaha, silly stealership). I still feel like i got a good deal on the truck, all things considered. If they wanted to charge me the $200 for the cd-changer, i would have gladly paid for it... I got mine for ~$25,750 before tax tags and title. (it also came with floormats, at no charge)
That's pretty much exactly what I'm going to get a few years down the road... except I like the blue color over the red. And hopefully by the 2007 model year they will have a sunroof as an option.

I was tempted to get a 2005 right away, but I like my 2000 TRD far too much to part with so soon. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Before I settled on the Darker of the two reds, my first choice was the dark blue (Indigo Ink Pearl i think).

I changed my mind after i saw one with the TRD graphic on the side of it. The TRD off road graphic has some funky red color inside the lettering, which I think totally looks cheap when it's on the Indigo Ink Pearl colored truck. I'm not sure whether that turned me off, or the fact that the one I was looking at seemed to show dirt rather easily on it...(think any black vehicle after a two weeks of driving....)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I ordered my 2004 and I found out that Toyota has certain option "packages" that are only done in certain regions. I'm in Hawaii and there were certain limitations as to how I could order my truck, even though it was being special ordered from Toyota and the dealer was not not just searching their inventory for something close to what I wanted.

·
Registered
148 Posts
flyingwil said:
I think it would be cool if they would offer the hood scoop on the TRD offroad package... is it even an option?
You can only get the hood scope on the TRD sport package or on the X-runner,I checked. :mad:
I am also pissed that you can only get the color keyed grille,rear bumper,door handels and mirrors on the TRD sport package.I want color keyed with the OFF ROAD package dammit!

·
Registered
74 Posts
TRD4WD said:
You can only get the hood scope on the TRD sport package or on the X-runner,I checked. :mad:
I am also pissed that you can only get the color keyed grille,rear bumper,door handels and mirrors on the TRD sport package.I want color keyed with the OFF ROAD package dammit!
Hood scoop can be ordered if you just act like you will not buy the truck without it. Hold to your guns and it will happen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts