TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i greased em up yesterday, one of the bushings on each side looked as if it were being pushed out of its place by the grease...wtf?

anyone else seeing this?

all my bolts are tight and its all been assembled properly for over a year now.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Did you use all of the washers that came with the TC kit? The only thing that I can think of, is that the bolt is bottomed out at the end of the threads and not producing enough clamping force on the bushing. Or, the lack of grease from the original install made the bushing wear prematurely, so there is slop. My best guess. I am running TC arms and have no issue with this.

·
Banned
966 Posts
mine did the same on one side. it from the grease pressure. mine are All-Pro uca's. i left it alone, no issues.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Mine do it too, has since I bought them... it doesn’t take as much grease as you think. If you over grease the excessive pressure will cause a mushroom effect on the bushing… go drive it around a bit and it will settle in. Or if your real worried about it, you can take them apart and try again…

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Guess I got lucky and didn't overload the grease. You guys get that much bushing deflection from the grease? Seems to me that the grease would just squirt out around the bushing and make a mess. They have those slots cut in the bushings to let the grease circulate.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Loosen the main pivot nut and bolt a little before you grease, if you don't and its tight the washers on either side of the bushing can create a seal so when you squeeze grease in there's no where to release the pressure, now you have a polyurethane balloon.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mine did it when I first installed them. I just loosened the bolt that goes through them and and they settled right down. Then just re-tightened them

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks.....for settin my mind at ease. i hated the thought of having to tear that shit apart again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What kind of grease are you using as you need the type made for urethane...Wheelers Off Road sells them? I understand if you use lithium based (i.e., brown to black color grease), urethane absorbs it and deforms the bushing. I had a set of TC control arms and I used the wrong grease, which deformed the bushings.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
You could use an awl or pick and press on the little ball at the center of the Zirk fitting and the grease will come back out the way it came (not all of it of course).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts