TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what are the two most technically difficult trails on south end of spring mountain range north of SR160 and between mountain springs and carpenter canyon.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Can anyone tell me what are the two most technically difficult trails on south end of spring mountain range north of SR160 and between mountain springs and carpenter canyon.
Sorry for the delay in getting an answer..., and mine really isn't an answer.

I'd have to say that the Rocky Gap/Potato Ridge road is probably the most technical (If you can even call it technical!). Everything I've found West of Lovell Canyon Road on the North side of 160 is pretty tame. I've not gone as far as Carpenter Canyon, however the Road to Trout Canyon and it's side roads are pretty basic. Good for a scenic adventure, but definitely not technical.

If you want to explore some day let me know. It doesn't have to be an organized run...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the delay in getting an answer..., and mine really isn't an answer.

I'd have to say that the Rocky Gap/Potato Ridge road is probably the most technical (If you can even call it technical!). Everything I've found West of Lovell Canyon Road on the North side of 160 is pretty tame. I've not gone as far as Carpenter Canyon, however the Road to Trout Canyon and it's side roads are pretty basic. Good for a scenic adventure, but definitely not technical.

If you want to explore some day let me know. It doesn't have to be an organized run...
Thanks for the reply Jason, I haer tell that carpenter is also tame a friend he did it in a stock mini jimmie gmc with car tires but here its very senic.. we'll have to go check it out in afew weeks. even the tamer trail can be a blast in winter snow. I did the comlete wheeler pass round trip in snow, it was cool......

·
Registered
219 Posts
their all pretty tame carpenter is a up and down trail although there is a creek that runs year round
but there is a trail that will take you from carpenter to Wallace canyon into wheeler that's kinda cool and scenic
yet there's also a trail that runs the intire mountain range
potato through Lovell into trout over to carpenter then Wallace and finally wheeler pass it would take a good 8-14 hour day of trail riding depending on how fast you travel

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
they're all pretty tame, Carpenter is an up and down trail, although there is a creek that runs year round.
But there is a trail that will take you from Carpenter to Wallace canyon and into Wheeler that's kinda cool and scenic.
Yet there's also a trail that runs the entire mountain range,
Potato through Lovell into trout over to Carpenter then Wallace and finally Wheeler pass it would take a good 8-14 hour day of trail riding depending on how fast you travel.

That sounds like a great summer trip to take on a Sunday. Get people up out of the heat for a day. Maybe you can map out and plan that one.:driving: :xpimp:

I've always wondered if there was another route over the mountain.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may be freed up enough to do a run on June 10th or any sunday in July.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
I may be freed up enough to do a run on June 10th or any Sunday in July.

Cool, keep an eye on the upcoming events board for more info.:D

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want to try a few trails on this side of Vegas, I would be available almost any Sunday. Just shoot me a P.M.
Right On Bro,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts