TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My current suspension is worn out on my 4Runner and I got some Radflo's to replace them. Wife complains all the time about my truck rolling, bouncing, and how I should sell it. I told her I am keeping it as an expedition vehicle. I got my Radflo 2.5's (standard travel, no remote res) from Glenn at Radflo this weekend. I also got OME 906 springs from Rocky Mountain Outfitter as well since my rear springs has over 145k on it. I noticed that there are no instructions of how to install it on the 3rd gen. Glenn shipped it with 4th gen installation guide which is also available on Radflo's website. I figure installation is probably almost the same as the 4th gen.

I know for sure there are two 3rd gens running Radflos, izzardking and cmayer from toyota-4runner.org. Not sure if anyone else has gone this route (Radflo and OME springs)?

I am going to install this in the up coming weekends and need any tips from guys who have done this setup on a 3rd gen (or on a 1999 model) so I don't screw something up. I have access to lifts, pneumatic tools (not that I am going to use it on the shock bolts), spring compressor, etc... at my local auto hobby shop. I am specifically curious about the spacers on the bottom eye on all the shocks. In the instruction (for 4th gen), it says to use all the spacers (to including possible grinding down the grit and dirt) and about installing front swaybar spacers. I don't think I need swaybar spacers for the 3rd gen and not even sure if I need to use the spacers for the bottom eye on all the shocks. Anyone here can help point me in the right direction before I start ripping apart my suspension?

Thanks,
Mike

This post is also on toyota-4runner.org forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Pretty sure you need those spacers. On my Icons the larger went toward the rear.

Simple to bolt in. Sometimes a friend with a lever is nice to have. Help pry down the a arms to get the shock in.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Wainiha, I'll remember to keep that in mind when I install the bottom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts