TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 1994 V6 4runner
I plan on putting a glasspack on the vehicle.
Then i plan on running the vehicle really hard then shooting the hose up the exaust into the muffler to break the fiberglass inside.
Pretty much giving my a straitpipe.
What is the best glasspack to do this to? Or does it matter?
Is this the best thing to do?
i want a loud deep rumble but i dont have a lot of $.
Please give me some advice?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Here is your advice.
Tomorrow morning, start the truck and while it is still at warm up fast idle speed, get back there and suck on that exhaust pipe. Take very deep and full breaths.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
So, why don't you save yourself a ton of cash and just weld in a piece of pipe?

And, ummmm - it's a 3.0L V6, not a 6L V8 - you ain't gonna get much for a deep loud rumble.

Oh - one more thought:
With the headgasket/burnt valve issues, it is possible to have the engine suck in through the exhaust. Shooting water up the tailpipe could hydrolock the motor if yours has that condition.

Basically, a nicer way of echoing Dick's sentiments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
just run it without any muffler at all.....

thats how i roll :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
just skip the muffler altogether.... v6s and 4 cyls sound like crap with a glasspack, well unless you like it sounding like a civic

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ive got a 1994 V6 4runner
I plan on putting a glasspack on the vehicle.
Then i plan on running the vehicle really hard then shooting the hose up the exaust into the muffler to break the fiberglass inside.
Pretty much giving my a straitpipe.
What is the best glasspack to do this to? Or does it matter?
Is this the best thing to do?
i want a loud deep rumble but i dont have a lot of $.
Please give me some advice?
forget the glass pack, just save a little bit of cash and have a flowmaster or something put in. I bought mine and had it installed for $70.00 and it sounded about as good as you can get a v-6 to sound. I had the 50 series, some like the 40 series better, but its personal preference. the 50 is a little deeper, but quieter, and the 40 series can get kinda "ricey" if you arent careful

·
Registered
84 Posts
i pretty much did what your doing to my 4runner and cut out the muffler and welded in a solid pipe, and it turned out ok in my opinion. only thing, when you get inspected, you will have to have a muffler on it, so just keep the muffler you have on it now when you take it off so you can throw it back on.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i hated the sound of mine with a glasspack. it was sooooo annoying. it made me want to take my special tubesock and shove it up the tail pipe so i didnt have to listen to it anymore. it sounded like a vibrator singing karaoke.

·
Premium Member
2,256 Posts
For a deep rumble and not a lot of cash, go to AutoZone and ask for a universal Cherry Bomb Turbo muffler (not a glasspack). I picked one up for less than $20. It doesn't sound to bad for a 4 banger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts