TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow TTORA peeps-

I have a job prospect in Pagosa Springs. I did the usual web searches on the area but was wondering if any of you have any personal opinions or experiences with the town/area.

Don't bother with the wheeling comments as I already know there is a ton of trails and places to go. Any place is better than the Midwest anyways.

Thanks Brothas(and Sisters)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Dude, Pagosa isn't as progressive as Madison, but it's an awesome little town. It's very close to Wolf Creek ski resort, which consistently gets the most snow in the state. Keep in mind that Pagosa is a small mountain tourist town- beautiful but crowded in the summer and cold in the winter. They're known for their hot springs, which smell like sulfur but are awesome anyway. Pagosa is relatively close to Durango, which is a college town and a much bigger city. Pagosa is a nice place.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What do you want to know really?

Ive lived in pagosa 15+ years.

Warm Springs.
Hot Summers
Chill Falls.
Cold Winters.

The hotsprings are awesome.

It is a small town though...There are also parts 2 to Pagosa..Downtown Pagosa and Fairfield, witch is uptown, it takes 5 mins to get to one of the other.

The area is awesome, with the moutains all around us, awesome camping, fishing, hunting and hikeing.

The price of land is insane..

alot of national forest roads and trails to drive around on..

no TTORA memebers in pagosa though...

whatcha really wanna know?

·
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I just didn't want to hear any horrible dreaded reasons why not to live there.

Crowds suck but if that is the worse part about it, I don't mind.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
sure thing man.
For me it all boils down to one thing: how prone is Pagosa Springs to a zombie attack? I mean, if a Night of the Living Dead situation happened, how would Pagosa rate on the risk scale? Because of its urban nature and low population density, you'll be much safer there than in Madison, Wisconsin.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Zombie attacks?! Really Jeremy? not concerned about the Aliens huh?!

isn't that why you are in Northern Colorado and not Southern?
well besides the fewer cow mutilations, cult groups,man hunts, etc. LOL!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Yeah, but you'll get to hang out with the really cool CO peeps!! C'mon, take a leap and move to CO...we already convinced the OH Prez to move out here...heh heh heh...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If anything, you should move here just so you can ski or ride Wolf Creek.
I went skiing in your area, at Rib Mountain (in Wausau, does that sound right?) a couple of years ago the first day they had installed their new high speed quad lift. I got stuck on the thing with 3 cheeseheads for 2 1/2 hours. True story, I couldn't make this stuff up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts