TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put some of these on, now i hear a kind of pop/thud sound when i hit bumps, also truck is leaning to one side......... is there a "right" and "left" shock?

any suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The shocks will be universal for the rear. I would suggest looking at your leaf springs for the leaning problem, and check to make sure everything is tight.

·
Registered
279 Posts
they are not the same in the rear....check the part numbers they should be diffrent for left and right....i think the right one in .25 inches longer then the left.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Brown said:
The shocks will be universal for the rear. I would suggest looking at your leaf springs for the leaning problem, and check to make sure everything is tight.

they are not the same in the rear....check the part numbers they should be diffrent for left and right....i think the right one in .25 inches longer then the left.

·
Registered
270 Posts
On mine they(Autozone) said the one on the driverside is different because of the gas tank, but like everyone said they are different so I would recheck the part numbers. I thought the shocks had nothing to do with giving or taking away height.

Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
GreenTaco4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing