TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks like Santa is running late but, he is going to be bringing me 3" PA BL that I wanted. Have a quick question though. I'm gonna use Suspension Connection and they list the 3" BL lift for 01-02 Tacoma 4wd and "Pre-runner". BUT then if you read the part description and "tech notes" it says it will not work on 2wd with power steering??? WTF? I called them and the guy that helped me said that it was just a typo but, didn't sound too convincing. Just wanted to see if anyone had noticed the same thing on their site or more importantly if anyone has ordered from PA and if you ran into any problems with parts or service?

Oh here is the link to the parts description:
http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/5583.html

Thanks in advance,

Jason

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you have not bought it yet...dont! Go with Roger Brown. Much better product. You PreRunner will be fine with any body lift. Yes you are 2wd, but essentially everything about your truck (except the lack of front diff, cv's and t-case) are 4x4. If you want a good body lift go with Roger Brown http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/ProductLine.shtml

Get the "ultimate" pucks and grade 8 hardware.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there something wrong with PA? I have only been comming here for a short while but I see lots of people using both and figured they were about the same in durability and frankly someone linked to some install instructions or write up of a RB and it sounded like a PITA... I'm no expert here but I figure if I can install the spacer lift and AAL's then I can do this with some help as well?

I guess my question is is there anything wrong with the PA body lift?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
txtaco1 said:
Is there something wrong with PA? I have only been comming here for a short while but I see lots of people using both and figured they were about the same in durability and frankly someone linked to some install instructions or write up of a RB and it sounded like a PITA... I'm no expert here but I figure if I can install the spacer lift and AAL's then I can do this with some help as well?

I guess my question is is there anything wrong with the PA body lift?

Thanks,

Jason
I have the PA kit and it works great for me. I have hear that the RB kit is higher quality, but haven't seen one. THere are a lot of guys with the PA kit, I think it comes down to what you want to spend.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ahhh... I bet the RB kit is more expensive? I looked at the site and he has ALOT of information and his kits sounds great, but I think the PA kit will work for me. My truck is a DD "street queen" that will most likely do very little if any off-road. I just want to be able to fit some "meats" under neath her!

Did you install your PA kit yourself? After reading the RB page I'm thinking that installing the 3" kit may be a PITA! But I wanna say it comes with a back bumper mount (says for looks only no-towing) I'm thinking I'll need to have someone help me that knows what their doing. The gas hose, transmission linkage, steering linkage, and moving the raditor all sound pretty tricky to me. Especially to do it alone with no help other than my wife. (she's a good helper!)

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
290 Posts
txtaco1 said:
Ahhh... I bet the RB kit is more expensive? I looked at the site and he has ALOT of information and his kits sounds great, but I think the PA kit will work for me. My truck is a DD "street queen" that will most likely do very little if any off-road. I just want to be able to fit some "meats" under neath her!

J
The RB kit was cheaper for me to get, even with the grade 8 hardware and HD body lift blocks. Rb came out to $199 shipped and the PA for the 02+ was like $260 + shipping when I looked at them. Also, there is nothing in the kit to mess with power steering and the hose. Before i lifted mine, I asked about the power steering hose and the brakelines and everyone said they would be fine. Both of them extended like everyone said so I think it would be the same situation with the PA kit. Goodluck :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just my two cents...

If your just looking for bigger tires, just get a spacer lift like the cornfed, revteck etc. My last truck had a BL and it looked like ass, I couldnt use the bumper for anything, and it was a PITA to install (Compared to the spacer lift anyway) Just my opinion, for what its worth.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
txtaco1 said:

Did you install your PA kit yourself? After reading the RB page I'm thinking that installing the 3" kit may be a PITA! But I wanna say it comes with a back bumper mount (says for looks only no-towing) I'm thinking I'll need to have someone help me that knows what their doing. The gas hose, transmission linkage, steering linkage, and moving the raditor all sound pretty tricky to me. Especially to do it alone with no help other than my wife. (she's a good helper!)

Thanks,

J
I had a shop put it on due to time constrants. I bet you could buy some beer and pizza and have a few TTORA guys give you a hand. You just have to take your time and do it right the first time. Also I got mine from Summit and it was the cheapest I have found.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, but I do... I have the 3" toytec that I put on myself. :)

But I want 6" so I can get 33"s!

Jason

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think if I were buying it and had more time I might look into the RB kit a little more but after seeing that pricing table and reading he has no packages that I'll just stick with the PA kit. It's a gift from mom so I don't want her to have to mess with all that and she wanted it done today as she's a late shopper!

Also I posted on the TX board and I'm gonna go help them install a BL on a Taco in a few weekends and possibly line up getting mine done soon there after. I have a chunk saved up for tires/wheels hopefully I'll be all set up by the end of Jan.

Later,

J

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
if it's a street queen you could probably get away with 35's on 6"

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YoTRacer158 said:
if it's a street queen you could probably get away with 35's on 6"
Maybe at some point but, for know I want to try not to re-gear yet so I'm gonna go with either 32" or 33" BFG's on 15x10's and make sure there is no rubbing and then I may upgrade at some point when I do the gears. We'll see though, if I run into some income tax money or something I may go ahead and do it sooner than planned.

Later,

J

1 - 12 of 12 Posts