TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I finally got around to it and am posting pic.s of what I did to my doors hinges to make the doors easier to remove and install.

Guapo this is for you!!!!!

It is super easy you just cut a V in the top of the top hinge so that when you remove your door you take out all but the top bolt. Then just loosen the top one so that you can lift it out of the V.

To put them on just set the door with only the top bolt in into the V and it holds it’s self so you can put the rest in.

Like I said super easy!!!! And they close just fine I have had no problems with this set up and I have had this done for over a year.

·
Registered
739 Posts
that looks cool,me and my friend were discussing the same thing,you can just rehang it when you want it back on, and you dont need anyones help,i gotta do that soon,i stripped one of the bolts out last time wrestling that door around

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
then get out your ginder and do it

·
Registered
739 Posts
maybe after i get my front end fixed for the 3rd fing time,i am having problems with the install of my new 44 and it pulls to the right really bad,lucky i dont have a gun

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what mine was doing and i blead my DR FT brake and it all work fine now

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am going out to the shop tonight to do this to both of my doors. Those fers are unruley (sp) by yourself. I about dropped my driver door the other day when I was fitting my tube doors. Thanks for the great Idea.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no prob.... now only do the top one, don't do the bottom it is a PITA to line up two bolts at the same time plus you don't need to.....one bolt is plenty to hold the door up and next to the bottom bracket

·
Registered
159 Posts
This worked awesome. I hung my doors in 5 min by myself. Thanks again. Sorry to hear about your truck, that sucks

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it does but it doesn't ......i just got a 6,000 dalla check to fix it so....... the PIMPTOY in under construction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad it worked out for ya

·
Registered
159 Posts
Let us know what the plans are for the toy. Mine is rolling out of the shop for the first time in months tomorrow, Just in time for moab!!!!!! I will try and post pic's before I leave.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts