TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i've just now heard that you need a "Shifter" extension when doing a 2 inch lift on an auto tacoma... is this true? I'm at a friends house right now to do the lift and its not anywhere near my home, so if its true, is there any way we can just rig it up so I can get it home and finish it in a few days?

also I read this on the 4-crawler website (where I bought my body lift)

"For the Tacoma ('95.5 onwards) and 3rd. gen 4Runner ('96-'02) applications, the shift linkage only requires adjustment, no bracket is needed."

·
Registered
168 Posts
sjvicker said:
i've just now heard that you need a steering shaft extension when doing a 2 inch lift on an auto tacoma... is this true? I'm at a friends house right now to do the lift and its not anywhere near my home, so if its true, is there any way we can just rig it up so I can get it home and finish it in a few days?

also I read this on the 4-crawler website (where I bought my body lift)

"For the Tacoma ('95.5 onwards) and 3rd. gen 4Runner ('96-'02) applications, the shift linkage only requires adjustment, no bracket is needed."
The steering extention is going to be needed for a 2 inch body lift. I couldnt even get mine to work with out one for a 1 inch lift and yes the shift linkage can be adjusted for an auto with out any bracket, you just have to loosen it and re align it. Hope this helps

Brian

·
Registered
168 Posts
Also, you might want to check if he did include the extension and you are over looking it. He packages that stuff pretty tight in those boxes and it might be hiding from you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts