hey gang, just wanted to give a heads up about my latest and greatest on the old black beauty. but first...:worthless I know, but I had to get this off my chest. I'll try to link some pics up when I get home. My engine was leaking something horrible and knocking quite a bit as well so I decided to bring a new power plant into the picture. My tired old (200k) 22r was slowly pissing it's life away. So, I popped over to the pick and pull and was able to find an amazingly low mile (70k) 22r replacement. The best part is, it came out of an old Dolphin RV. I have heard that these engines have a different cam which produces more power at the higher RPMs. Anyone know about this? I went to my cousins shop (plug here for Lighthouse Automotive next to the wave car wash on Uintah) and did the swap over two days. It had to be in two days because I was supposed to go to Seattle and the San Jose in California right after that. Amazingly enough, I did. The swap was a little tricky especially because my original engine was missing about half of the nuts and bolts!! Hope fully the blue locktite I put on the replacement hardware will keep it in. I ended up swapping all the accessories (starter, Power steering pump, tensioner pully, worn out carb, etc) except the water pump which ended up being almost entirely new on my donor engine. Also the clutch on my truck was new so I just swapped it over. Small note of advise here... when using an electric snap on impact, change your mind and hand tighten and torque the clutch bolts. SNAP!! luckily the donor had an almost new flywheel as well so I didn't bother wasting my time trying to extract the broken off bolts. Hoses were replaced when needed and other outlying systems were cleaned and repaired. I found some BRAND NEW engine mounts in the ammo can that came with my truck when I bought it, good thing too, because my old ones were toast. One was clean broken apart and the other almost half way. My rear drive shaft was really pissing me off (and pissing on my under carriage) and I couldn't figure it out. My cousin pointed me in the right direction by suggesting that I remove it from the t-case and take a look. After I cleaned the deluge of gear oil off my face and neck, I took a look at the flange. The (explitive) shaft nut was not even finger tight and the washer was not installed the right way. The only thing holding the oil in was the actual driveshaft flange, pretty sad repair whoever you are. I uncrimped the dent in the nut and cleaned everything up before reassembling it correctly and tightly. I pulled an all-nighter and got 'er done. This was my first engine swap. Drove it away that morning. 2000 miles later, here in the heart of California, everything is running perfectly. No oil leaks (still light amber and clean) no coolant leaks, no bad knocking around 2k RPM and a SIGNIFICANT increase in throttle response at about 2800 RPM. The Beauty is really coming along. I'll post some sweet pics later as I begin to chop up the bed and do some more serious mods to the interior. Take care!