TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having surgery on my right knee to replace a torn ACL and repair a meniscal tear in just a few hours.

If anyone is so inclined, I would be grateful for a quick prayer.

And as always, anyone who wants to send donations - feel free to send cash, beer, and truck parts my way, haha. :flipoff4:

·
NEVER SERIOUS
363 Posts
I'm having surgery on my right knee to replace a torn ACL and repair a meniscal tear in just a few hours.

And as always, anyone who wants to send donations - feel free to send cash, beer, and truck parts my way, haha. :flipoff4:
I tore an ACL in a crotch rocket mishap. The surgery was easy its the re- hab/physio after that hurts and its required to get close to full range of motion in your knee back. I ended up with %85 functional movement of the knee after 6 months of physio. I don't pray so good luck my brother.:)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

Tore my meniscus and partially tore an ACL in high school playing football. Was this something that just happened or what?

·
Registered
435 Posts

You got it man! And what's up? Are you even old enough to be that broken?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I am home, and settled.
John - apparently I am old enough.
Chase - I tore my meniscus out hiking and doing some photography a few months ago. That weakened the knee. Then I tore my ACL when I took a nast tumble while out doing something foolish in the snow with some friends.

Just been living with it until now.

Long road of physical therapy to go.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Thanks guys! I am home, and settled.
John - apparently I am old enough.
Chase - I tore my meniscus out hiking and doing some photography a few months ago. That weakened the knee. Then I tore my ACL when I took a nast tumble while out doing something foolish in the snow with some friends.

Just been living with it until now.

Long road of physical therapy to go.
So basically you're saying that you got injured walking... :D
Keep us updated Dude!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope all is going well! physical therapy isn't to bad I enjoy going I go two/three times a week.
Hey Thanks bud! I am a little nervous about it. Good to have some positive from someone obviously with first hand experience. How are you doing these days?

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hey Thanks bud! I am a little nervous about it. Good to have some positive from someone obviously with first hand experience. How are you doing these days?
Being nervous is expected, but its best to stay positive as much as possible and often as possible! I believe faith and your outlook on the situation reflect your overall outcome. I am doing really good considering how bad things could have been, I have one more scheduled surgery which I am told should be sometime in the month of August, it is to put the hardware back on my skull. I have physical therapy for the next 25 weeks. I think at some point in October I will be cleared to return for work, I appreciate you asking!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Dirtygerman
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing