TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on doing my spark plugs ('02 V6 Doublecab) this weekend and was just wondering if anyone knows the gap size and torque spec?

Thanks for the info!

Beave

P.S. Also, who makes a good book for the Double Cab, Do-It-Yourselfer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
13 ft.lbs. The plugs I bought from the dealer were pre-gapped, but don't remember what gap is supposed to be. Make sure and put antiseize on the sparkplug threads. A Full Service Manual is always nice to have if you want to do your own work, but a Haynes or Chiltons will lead you in the right direction.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the #'s. Regarding the books; I'd love to have a factory manual but just can't shell out that kinda $$ for it. I've been holding out for a Chiltons/Haynes for my specific year truck, but nobody seems to be in a hurry to publish one. I guess '98 and up would be close enough on most stuff.

Thanks again,

Beave

·
Registered
469 Posts
Beave said:
I'd love to have a factory manual but just can't shell out that kinda $$ for it.
If you've got a fast internet connection, $10, and a little time (3 hours or so), get on Toyota's website and subscribe to one day of the tech. I downloaded every single thing they have for my truck (full FSM plus some other cool stuff) and for my old Lexus. You can even download the owners manual.

It's a good value if you don't mind not having a printed form. I figure I can print the pages I need when I'm working on the truck.

Jamie

·
Registered
279 Posts
The torque value varies depending on where you get it from, 13 to 20 ft. lbs. is fine. The gap should be set to .043" Your application calls for either of these two plugs;

Denso-K16TR11 or NGK-BKR5EKB-11

1 - 6 of 6 Posts