TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here ya go:

I am nearing 10000 miles on my AMSOIL Synthetic oil. I have changed the oil filter at 7500 but I am nervous about the miles on the oil. I am about to take a 500 mile trip. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Should I change the oil or keep going?

Also, I found that it is cheaper to get my oil changed at Super Walmart with Mobil 1, than it is to do an Amsoil change and I get the Amsoil at dealer cost.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
baker34 said:
Here ya go:

I am nearing 10000 miles on my AMSOIL Synthetic oil. I have changed the oil filter at 7500 but I am nervous about the miles on the oil. I am about to take a 500 mile trip. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Should I change the oil or keep going?

Also, I found that it is cheaper to get my oil changed at Super Walmart with Mobil 1, than it is to do an Amsoil change and I get the Amsoil at dealer cost.
how'd the oil look when you changed the filter??? which Amsoil oil?? if the high milage stuff and looked OK when filter changed you should be more then fine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I read an oil test online somewhere & they said that around the mileage you are at it will still be protecting your motor , but it will problably be a thicker weight by now....I.E. If you were running 10w 40 wieght its problably like straight 40 wieght now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil looked surprisingly good when I changed the filter. It is a good bit darker than when I first put it in.

As for the oil type it is not the series 2000 nor the 7500 but the mid level oil. It says that it is good for 24k miles buuuuuuuutttttttttt.... Still nervous.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
baker34 said:
The oil looked surprisingly good when I changed the filter. It is a good bit darker than when I first put it in.

As for the oil type it is not the series 2000 nor the 7500 but the mid level oil. It says that it is good for 24k miles buuuuuuuutttttttttt.... Still nervous.
others have had it checked might wantto do the same. I know I'd have trouble letting it go for 24K too.

·
Registered
650 Posts
baker34 said:
Wow, that's some scary shit. On the original board, we'd hear about all kinds of problems with people getting their oil changed at Wal Mart.

I'd never do it.

Brian

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
not sure about your mid level oil, but i run their series 2000 in my truck. it is supercharged so the change interval will be considerably less than if i was n/a. i run my filter for 7500 then change it, at 15k i change the oil and filter again

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you are concerned about it...change it. It will just keep bugging you if you think you need to change it and don't.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Bighead said:
If you are concerned about it...change it. It will just keep bugging you if you think you need to change it and don't.
I concur with Bighead.

I change my Amsoil filter a 5k and the oil and filter at 10k. I don't let anyone else change the oil in any of my vehicles. You'll give yourself an ulcer if you don't change it before your trip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts