TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATED 2-24-08
Upgrade from your stock door hinges to our quick release hinges. These hinges offer a quick release mechanism so no wrenching is required to remove the doors. Laser cut and CNC bent, they include bronze bushings and are direct bolt on replacements for stock hinges. Included in this kit is all of the parts you need to easily interchange two drivers side doors and two passenger side doors (One set of driver and passenger body side halves and two sets of driver and passenger side door halves, pivot pins and bolts).

Kits cost $75. The kit includes four (4) body sides of the hinge, eight (8) door sides (enough to mount two sets of doors, 2 driver + 2 passenger), the 4 pins, and the extra bolts to bolt the door sides to your second set of doors.

For hi-res photos click here

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
yea, are they for tacos? (01-04 to be exact) i would be interested, even though they cost more than my tude doors themselves did! but i would probably use my tube doors more with these on there!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there will be a model that will fit the Tacomas. :D

I know the price is high, I'm trying to work with the laser cutter to get them reduced, even talking to other suppliers, with my fingers crossed. ;)

If you don't want the second set of door sides the cost will be reduced to $125.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Me...me..I want some......is there anybody left that still makes tube doors for the 95.5 to 98 tacos (95.5 specifically)? I want these and some tube doors for my project.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Those are sweet I would love to have a set but for a 150 bucks I will stick with my wrenchs. But if that price drops I could be up for some for my 83

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
well let me know how it goes... i would like to see these in production, so put me in line. my doors are just so damn heavy, and the last time i tried to bolt the stock doors back on i started cross threading one of the holes! so i would like to avoid that!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I like the idea but the price is a little steep for me. You're including a lot in the kit so I know it's worth the money but notching the top hole on the stock hinge is working just fine for me and it's free.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I change my doors off and on in a bout 10 minutes using my specially purchased just for the job ratcheting wrench. This kit would probably cut that time in at least half.

My biggest concern is the fact that with the top hole notched on the truck part of the hinge it gives me something to line and hold the doors up with so that I can start the bolts. How would I hold the door up while I stuck the pins in?

I really like the profesional look of this kit and it would be nice to not have to run bolts in and out everytime. I'm also concerned about the threads eventually wearing out in my existing hinges. That will be a real pain in the ass to fix.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
faithoffroad said:
I change my doors off and on in a bout 10 minutes using my specially purchased just for the job ratcheting wrench. This kit would probably cut that time in at least half.

My biggest concern is the fact that with the top hole notched on the truck part of the hinge it gives me something to line and hold the doors up with so that I can start the bolts. How would I hold the door up while I stuck the pins in?

I really like the profesional look of this kit and it would be nice to not have to run bolts in and out everytime. I'm also concerned about the threads eventually wearing out in my existing hinges. That will be a real pain in the ass to fix.
But then you wouldn't have had to buy that $10 ratcheting box wrench. :eek: :p

Renaud33 and I messed with the notched hinges and had a terrible time with it, which is what inspired these. The nice thing about it is that they provide their own shelf that aids in aligning the holes. It doesn't line it up for you, but then again you still have to line that notch up, and keep the washers from flopping in the way too.

We'll see what comes up next week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Woo Hoo - Its about Time!!!

OMG!!! I've been waiting months for these!!!!!

You KNOW you can count me in on a set of these!! Just give me the word.........

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Thats awesome! Let me know how much for the complete set and tube doors. If the bronze bushings aren't too uch I'll probably get them too.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bronze bushings are included in the prices above. :D

If there's enough interest, I'll do this:
For this month, I'll offer a package, if you order the hinges and doors, get the set for $242 for older truck doors, and $252 for Tacoma doors and hinges.

Depending on interest I'll start taking preorders Friday. I need at least 7 orders to be able to go ahead with these. There will be a 3 week lead time on the hinges from the time 7 orders are paid. Communication will be prompt and frequent! These have been my babies for the last few months, I'm confident we can make these available by working together.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
About this Discussion
93 Replies
29 Participants
traxman25
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing