TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone with a trd quickshifter? how do ya like it?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
How is it to get into gears and reverse? Is it as easy as stock?

·
Registered
750 Posts
bigbadyoda said:
How is it to get into gears and reverse? Is it as easy as stock?
At first you do notice a difference - you loose some mechanical advantage (as it operates on a lever principle to throw gears) due to lengthening the bottom throw (same with reverse - seems tougher to move it over) but I think the advantages outweigh disadvantages.

For me it has improved the driving experience as I have more fun shifting (able to do it quicker of course!) and also helped with a bit of a grind I had going into 3rd. I know my truck isn't a race car and I don't expect it shift like one - but the URD quick shift added to the driving experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me, the URD was well worth it. It made for much more solid shifts and reduced throw quite a bit. Like it was said, it does reduce your leverage. You don't notice this going into the forward gears, but reverse will be a bit more difficult. You're still trying to overcome the pressure of that same reverse safety spring, but with less leverage. I have no problem getting it into reverse, but my friend cannot get it into reverse. She must be super weak, but she gives it a good try! Watchin her try to turn it around in a tight area is priceless. Without doubt, well worth it though....

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does the urd quickshifter look the same on the ouside as the stock one? or does the stock shift knob not fit on the URD one?

·
Registered
750 Posts
URD uses all stock components - only adds about 3/4" (Maybe 1/2"... ) on the shifting ball (hope that is what you call it...) From the outside the shifter looks the same - only up a little higher. You have to install a spacer plate to accommodate the additional length on the bottom end.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The URD is the best shift upgrade on the market, period.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Does it not void the warrenty? Or do you left your dealer install it or what? cause I know with my other street bike the dealer had to put on pipes, sprckets and stuff to keep the warrenty valid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts