TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a relatively quieter muffler to put in my 2.7l exhaut that will let me free up some horsepower but i do not by any means what it to sound like a honda weedwacker or buzz or drone me out. Sorry this seems like a repetitive topic on here but everyone seems to want something loud and obnoxious. i do lots of highway driving and dont want to get overpowered by droning. I was thinking maybe about a gibson muffler or a flowmaster 60?

·
Registered
279 Posts
A member of our chapter had the flowmaster 50 deltaflow and it sounded nice. It had a little rumble to it but it was by no means confused for a fart cannon on a Honda. Anything will outlflow the stock muffler.

·
Registered
741 Posts
KStacoma said:
I'm looking for a relatively quieter muffler to put in my 2.7l exhaut that will let me free up some horsepower but i do not by any means what it to sound like a honda weedwacker or buzz or drone me out. Sorry this seems like a repetitive topic on here but everyone seems to want something loud and obnoxious. i do lots of highway driving and dont want to get overpowered by droning. I was thinking maybe about a gibson muffler or a flowmaster 60?
a while back i ordered the jardine catback, i noticed a little bit of power with the butt dyno, the truck is noisy at high rpms, but there isn't really anything obnoxious that bothers me about it..

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've heard pretty good things about the jardine other than it sometimes can get raspy at high rpms but that's not that big of a deal. If i got the flowmaster 50 delta, what model would i get that would fit right?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Measure up to see just how much room you have to work with then get hte LARGEST Magnaflow muffler that will fit and weld it into your stock pipes."

Magnaflow?

·
Registered
77 Posts
KStacoma said:
I'm using an "ultra flow" muffler from can't remember the maker but it gives my truck a great low roar and less restrictive and added power. I don't like the noise either so I went with that one.

If you can find out what brand has a muffler called ultra flow or something like that you should be in good shape there.

PS it might be the magna flow, I'll have to look at the paper work again

·
Registered
565 Posts
what is the best diameter exhaust pipe to get?
I have read that the 2.25" is the best for the 2.7l engine for power....2" is too restrictive and 2.5" flows too much

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
203 Posts
jjrambo said:
I'm using an "ultra flow" muffler from can't remember the maker but it gives my truck a great low roar and less restrictive and added power. I don't like the noise either so I went with that one.

If you can find out what brand has a muffler called ultra flow or something like that you should be in good shape there.

PS it might be the magna flow, I'll have to look at the paper work again
DynoMax makes the Ultra Flo mufflers. I have them on my Mustang.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so it's between the Dynomax, flowmaster,gibson, and magnaflow. I wish an exhaust shop would let me play w/em to find out which one. :confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
KStacoma said:
Okay so it's between the Dynomax, flowmaster,gibson, and magnaflow. I wish an exhaust shop would let me play w/em to find out which one. :confused:
I would say go with the magna flow. I have one of those and it's great.

·
Registered
56 Posts
TacomaNova said:
a while back i ordered the jardine catback, i noticed a little bit of power with the butt dyno, the truck is noisy at high rpms, but there isn't really anything obnoxious that bothers me about it..

hope this helps
Install a LCE header and free flow cat and then listen to it.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
pipe?

Gadget said:
Measure up to see just how much room you have to work with then get hte LARGEST Magnaflow muffler that will fit and weld it into your stock pipes.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
hey gadget,
what are the benefits of going w/ stock pipe rather than 2.25" pipe? Thanx, Wes

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would say that any aftermarket muffler will flow better then a stock muffler, but if you want true gains then a cat-back system would be your better bet. I know they may be more expensive, but it's more of a true hp/torque gain then just a simple muffler transplant.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
pipes

akshunj said:
Low end torque, any gains from a larger pipe will be seen high in the rpm range.
tight, cause that's exactly what I need, hahaha!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts