TTORA Forum banner

R/C Airplanes

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  joedirt311 
#1 ·
Does anyone here fly R/C? I used to like 10 years ago and I am really thinking about getting another airplane. My old plane had a glow engine but this time I am going electric and RTF, I have built a kit plane but I just want one to fool around with now. I'm going to go with a 3D Aerobatic airplane. That should make me learn fast. If I don't win the auction on this one I might get a chopper instead, also electric.

#3 ·
I do...Have two...tons of fun...If you havnt flowin in a while that 3d wont last all about 2 flights before your buying a new one...Dont even think about a chopper unless it a VERY basic little one...The Venom is a great litte chopper

#4 · (Edited)
I will probably end up waiting to get this Trojan, available in June. I like the 5 channel reusable radio, lipo batteries, and it has landing gear and all control surfaces unlike the other parkzone warbirds. Plus the wing has some dihedral to it.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ4400

The 3D model is this one... The good thing about it is that all of the airframe parts are available seperately and are pretty cheap. The wings are like $25 with the ailerons installed. It also has dual rate servos so I could keep the control surfaces from full throw until I get the hang of it again. But the taildragger landing gear and symetrical airfoil scare me, especially the airfoil. The guys at the shop did say that it was really stable for a aerobatic airplane and did not tend to fall out into sharp turns or anything.

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ4100

Tim are your planes electric or glow?

This is the chopper, I was watching one on ebay but I got outbid. It sold for $127 new, which is pretty cheap. I know choppers are hard to fly, but man with a good pilot thos things are rediculous. I will probably get an airplane though unless I find a good deal.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLH1100

#5 ·
Don't do it, it's something that's going to take money away from your truck. LOL You get those E Locker's in yet? What about the duals?

Your truck will run it over while you are sleeping. LOL

#7 ·
He got the lockers in, so now I finally have a lockright! :kewl:

#10 · (Edited)
Tim have you ever gone to Top Gun? I went like 8 years ago when they held it in WPB and it was sweet. Now it's in Lakeland though, I would like to go again but this year it isn't happening. It's in a few weeks. I would also like to get to Florida Jets once that looks cool as well.

I am now leaning towards the Heli. Bidded on 3 but so far haven't lost. Almost won one this afternoon but was outbid at 9 seconds:mad:

Kyle have you been to the newish HobbyTown on Archer? They have a section for REAL R/C stuff and had some nice stuff in stock. At least one of the guys seemed really knowedgeable about planes and helis. The other was trying to tell me that a 3d airplane with a symetric airfoil with the servos on short throw would be the same as a trainer with a flat bottom wing and a ton of dyhedral.

#11 ·
The other was trying to tell me that a 3d airplane with a symetric airfoil with the servos on short throw would be the same as a trainer with a flat bottom wing and a ton of dyhedral.

NO IT"S NOT

A trainer flys nothing like anything eles....A trainer can fly a lot slower than a 3D an still stay in the air....A 3D was ment to do fast paced tricks not teach how to fly...Look into towerHobbies Real flight Sim if you want to learn to fly choppers....Unless your going to stay with the very basic elc chopper

Yes I have been out to top gun a couple time....It's only 20 min from me....Very very cool to see what some of thies guys can do

#16 ·
I know how you feel. I hadn't been in the hobby shop in 4 years until last weekend. Now I own a RC Helicopter, lol. I told the lady in the store that I was getting into trouble comming back there. Ben you need to get something that flies, it is so much more rewarding. You move in 3D not 2D so you get more for your money! Until it hits the ground at 40mph:p

#17 ·
HAHA 40....I killed my stick at a little over a 100.....Doing a knife edge when my reciver pack let go it pointed down and went wide open...the motor was 2 1/2 feet in the ground and there was nothing left but the elc stuff

Remember...What goes up must come down...Just maynot come down looking like it went up :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.