TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Even the time i known Joe was brief, he was unforgettable behind the wheel of his Tundra. F*CK CANCER!!! Too many family and friends of mine have been lost to this disease. At least i know he is no longer in pain and free to wheel the ultimate off road site - the SKY!!!
I will forever remember him in this pose during the 2011 JAMBO

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I never met Joe, but we were FB friends & I've frequented this forum since late 99' or early 00'. Joe always had good advice & appeared to have a very positive impact on a lot of folks lives. He was always posting stuff & pics about his beautiful family. It's always sad when someone passes, but especially after a long & hard fought battle w/ a terminal illness. I see it all the time as an ICU nurse. At this point I pray that his loved ones find peace & reconciliation. B/c Joe isn't hurting anymore, but his family is, finding peace in this is the most comforting. God bless you Joe.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
R.I.P. Yoe..

Yoe was one of the first guys I met when I joined up..

You couldn't met a more selfless man, if ya tried..

I can remember back in the beginning, I had purchased an new rear axle and it sat in my garage for several months.
One evening, after putting in a full day at the dealership, Yoe called and said, "Yames... lets installed that e-locker"
How can ya say no to that..?? We had the axle installed several hours later, and Yoe didn't ask for a dime.. He'd never take our money for his hard labor.. He was a saint IMHO..

See ya on the other side Yoe.. For now, you're a free bird.. Go fly my friend.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Heard the news yesterday as well. Fuck i hate cancer. RIP Joe. Wish i could be there for the services, but im out of the country with work. Prayers will be sent. :(

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Joe was a great guy. I hadn't saw him in a few years now but we always text'd back and fourth...more so when he came down with cancer. He was pumped up about Gilmer this year...I had planned on making the trip down just to wheel with him on his "comeback run".

Every time I saw him he had that shit eating grin on his face...RIP my friend. You'll be missed by many.

FUCK cancer!

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
We said our final goodbyes yesterday to the most selfless man I've had the honor of knowing.

I first met Joe back in 1997 when he was working at Sterling McCall Toyota. I had taken my Tacoma in for a blown head gasket. We made fast friends. He totally dug my truck and I told him about this little website I had just recently started for Toyotas. He had actually already knew of the website. He was the the first person I had met through TTORA...before it was even called TTORA. Even though my truck had just fallen out of the warranty period, not to mention the fact that it was jacked sky high back then, he found a way to cover it under warranty. Which was a huge deal because I had no idea how I was going to pay for this repair. At the time I thought it was because he had knew of the website and that may have earned me some brownie points but over the years I found out that Joe was just that kind hearted of a person. I've met a ton of great people through TTORA, never thought I'd meet my best friend through there though.

I'm gonna miss my friend.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Never got the chance to meet, but I always appreciated his willingness to answer my toyota questions via pm and on facebook. We talked about his family and I remember him being so positive when his battle with cancer had just begun, always ready to get back out there despite the ups and downs. So sad to see he didnt make it. Sorry for your loss Shannon and for all of his friends/family left behind. Judging by his FB page, he was SOOOOO loved. He will be greatly missed :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Joe was a great guy and he will truly be missed.

I wish I would have meet him early enough to have wheeled with him, instead of a few months before he was diagnosed. I feel luck to have meet him, traded parts (wheels and tundra parts for his T100), talked Scions, and to have seen him perform with his band. This site and Houston Toyota community have lost an amazing man.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
OH SHIT!

I had no idea! Last I heard he was supposed to be getting better and going back to work.

Dammit. Cancer sucks.

Rest In Peace Joe.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Remembering Joe (Yoe)

On Saturday, the Houston crew met up at a local eatery, that we'd often meet up with Joe at, for breakfast.. & Afterwards went to the beach to remember our fallen friend..
Joe had been wanting to take a trip down to the beach some time ago.. So we proceeded to replace the head gasket on his truck, under his watchful eyes of course, but unfortunately God had other plans...
We decided to go ahead and take the trip anyways, and trust me.. Joe was there in spirit..
So many cool stories and wheeling adventures were recalled..

Joe will live on in our hearts, and will be looking over our shoulders as we tear the trails up.. 0:)

In the infamous words of "Yoe"... YEEEEAAAAAHHHH.... :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts