TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of nowhere the radio in my 01 Taco won't turn on, tried inserting a CD, pressing AM/FM etc. and nothing.
All fuses are good. Everything in the truck has power including dome lights and power outlets. I pulled the radio and multi-metered the harnesses.
The bigger harness shows 17V at three prongs, which makes little sense (multi-meter set to 20V DC).
Any thoughts?
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the harnesses readily available?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had that problem but Craig’s list provided a nearly new take-out radio a guy nearby had stored for 15 years and $20 later my radio was back!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Out of nowhere the radio in my 01 Taco won't turn on, tried inserting a CD, pressing AM/FM etc. and nothing.
All fuses are good. Everything in the truck has power including dome lights and power outlets. I pulled the radio and multi-metered the harnesses.
The bigger harness shows 17V at three prongs, which makes little sense (multi-meter set to 20V DC).
Any thoughts?
Anyone have a wiring diagram for the harnesses readily available?
Check the fuses I had a issues shortly after I installed a new head unit in my 03 4Runner and one of my 10 amp fuses just went out, if that doesn’t work I’d YouTube a video on how to install the head unit to make sure all the wires are hooked up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the fuses I had a issues shortly after I installed a new head unit in my 03 4Runner and one of my 10 amp fuses just went out, if that doesn’t work I’d YouTube a video on how to install the head unit to make sure all the wires are hooked up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turned out the stock radio really did just die after 230k miles. I put in a $70 modern unit and it works great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That may be their lifetime as mine did too. The one in my 4Runner does not come in since I tore off the Antenna in a Bosque down in Mexico’s Pinacate. It plays CDs though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts