TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some kind of ramp I could borrow for a few days? I need to flex out my front end so I can mount some air bumps. Let me know what you got or if you have any better ideas. A jack really doesn't work to well, but it may have to if I can't find something else.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Just find yourself a convenient New Jersey barrier, and try to crawl up it. :D

In Lafayette, I used to use the drainage ditch/driveway combination; now I usually use the engine crane.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be ideal to have something close to my tools/welder so I could just complete the project. I have scouted the local supercenters for such a thing and their ramps are all inaccessible due to handrails or location. John, when I lived in Mandeville, LA, I could have just used the ditch in my front yard. Too bad they don't have those here.

I guess at this point I just need to flex it out and take a crap load of measurements so I can do all the fab work at home

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Steve, you didn't have to put the LA behind Mandeville; I grew up in N.O. :)

last house = single garage for the Heep and quad, barely enough room for the wife's car in the driveway, and an open ditch that I had to zig-zag around to park my truck on the grass next to the driveway.

current house = triple garage, driveway big enough to park nine vehicles, and underground drainage.

I don't particularly miss the ditch. ;)

Good luck on getting your air bumps squared away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts